Sometimes A Pirate Just Has To Play Golf.....

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by ll DarkZero ll, Oct 29, 2014.

1. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

Decided to take today off from plundering and play some golf at Deerfield which is a golf course 9 miles from my house. Scheduled a tee time at 10 a.m. which in hindsight I should've set it later for the course to dry up a bit. By the 4th hole it wasn't an issue and the falling leaves presented an interesting challenge when putting. Here are some pictures I took of my favourite holes.

This is the first hole which is a 423 yard par 4 and sets the tone. Wide open Fairway, it plays well if you don't hook your drive into the side bank.

[​IMG]

The Third hole is a 355 yard par 4 which forces you to drive over the lake and hopefully don't hook your ball into the restaurant on the water. It narrows midway and forces you to take your approach shot over another water bank onto the Green.

[​IMG]

This is the approach to Hole 5 which is a 515 yard par 5. There is at least a 100 foot drop to the Green and ball trap valley to the left. I laid it up higher towards the bank just in case. Also, you should probably avoid the road to the right.

[​IMG]

Hole 8 is a 341 par 4 and as you can see the lake is way down, they were using it to water to water the
    course. On the upside, I did manage to snag about 20 balls towards the edges without getting to muddy. I actually bombed this drive over the hillside which is about 220 yards away and ended up on the Hole 5 fairway. Managed to recover and only bogey after lobbing a 9 iron shot over the trees and onto the backside of the Green.

[​IMG]

The 13th Hole plays as a 158 yard par 3 with a drop and narrow angle without hitting the trees. I used a 9 Iron and managed to play it off the bank to the left and eek onto the Green.

[​IMG]

This is a view from the 15th Green. A 463 yard par 5, I just love this view.

[​IMG]

The best hole on the course, Hole 16, is a 405 yard par 4. I play this hole from the "Expert" tee only because you tee off about 250 ft. above the Fairway and Green and gives you a chance for INSANE drives. I bombed 2 tee shots to the right and might have killed someone, the third one inched onto the Green for a 400 yard drive. The view is spectacular and the sheer height gives you a sense of artificial greatness.

[​IMG]

After this I ate pizza and I'm calling it a day.

2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Looks great - never got the hang of golf though. I always wound up hooking sharply and either hitting a tree or someone

3. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only one here who plays? It's easy, just taaap it in. Just taaaap it in. Give it a little tap....tap tap taperoo.

4. Bear

Bear Commodore

I play. But I'm horrible. I like playing a scramble with friends and just having a good time.

5. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

I used to play a lot, but it's too hard to find the time now. Summer's here are busy as all get out.

6. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

I'm not good by any means, I shot a 78 yesterday.

Statement subject to Golfing exaggeration. 30 shots may have been not counted due to selective amnesia.

7. Captain Didwell

Captain Didwell First Mate

I know how to play by just hitting the ball. . . but I'm not good in this kind of a sports. . .:)

by the way, nice place.

how I wish to be a rich person too. .. :(