Sort Items in Island Editor

Discussion in 'Build Improvements' started by Super-Nor, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

While I am on a roll, it would be nice to have the items at the bottom of the island editor screen sorted.

Alphabetically, and then by level I think would be nice.

Then one could see what defenses are left to upgrade without scrolling around a lot.

I commonly go to the editor, and do the remove all button to count walls completed and those still needing to be upgraded as well as cannons and other such things. Then I click cancel and go about my regular business with no changes saved.

2. Tottok

Tottok Crew

I agree, Island editor need a alot of improvements

3. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

The order should always be the same at leased. As with the wall coy it bombs and such are not always side by side. We might be nagging a bit but it does feel strange that they aren't always organized in the same manner

4. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

Ps: this is one of the last things I would all for as improvement. I stick with all of the other posts: save 3-5 island lay-outs would make my day...!

5. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

But as a programmer, I would think this is much much easier to implement.

6. Skye

Skye Commodore

I completely agree. Sort the buildings alphanumerically. Just feed them into a string comparator after concatenating the level onto the end of the building name. "Wall 15" would automatically be seen as right next to "Wall 14" in any string comparison function I have ever used, and its simple enough to just append the level onto the name when feeding it in. It would probably only take a couple minutes to do.

The only issue I could see happening is when building names are localized to different languages - but it could just force it to use the English name when comparing/sorting them, and then display the localized text properly after they've been put in the correct order.

7. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

That would be great, storting on one principle would also make it indifferent to the set language. The order would always be the same.