Spelunking or Cave Diving (and rare treasure)

Discussion in 'Exploration Improvements' started by Big Booty Beaches, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Big Booty Beaches

Big Booty Beaches Powder Monkey

Good afternoon,

I was thinking about exploration and how absolutely boring it is. You send your ship out on a trek, then you leave it, sometimes for hours at a time. I don't mind that you have to spend a lot of time to travel very far, that just makes sense.

I think it would be great to have some caves, or shallow waters where your pirates could go diving and find treasure. Depending on the cave, it could take more or less time to search through it, and you could get gold, grog, or occasionally (like 0.1% of the time or something) get rare or unique artifacts that give permanent bonuses to you. Things like:

A Wrought-Iron Still
    Permanently increases grog production by 3%
    A large Naval transport vessel was sank by a band of pirates off the coast of (name of cave Island). One of the items being transported was a large, industrial Still for producing superior rums. Perhaps the Captain of the Ship shouldn't have been indulging...

Long John Silver's Ring
    Reduces cool down time of Buccaneer abilities by 10 seconds
    Legends say that Long John Silver's brutal gang would fight harder for him than any other pirate. What they don't say is that some of his power and command came in the form of an ornate silver ring.

I'm sure if I spent more time thinking about it, I could come up with 100 different rare treasures/artifacts and much better blurbs about them. I think whether or not there is a cave diving feature, the exploration part of the game needs more interaction.

Thoughts?

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I like it - it adds an opportunity for a more immersive game