Spend Gems to Increase Attack Time

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by Tex, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Tex

Tex Commodore

We've all faced that attack where you are just seconds away from toppling the opponent's pirate hall to secure a 3* victory but time runs. How about a button on the attack screen to extend the clock by a few seconds using gems? A simple example might cost 1 gem to gain 5 seconds on the clock. The exact logic doesn't really matter, but many of us would be happy to pay a couple of gems for the option.

2. Bear

Bear Commodore

If this is a 1 time per battle purchase I think it's cool. If this could be done indefinitely until your pirates died I would not agree.

Part of the strategy and challenge of the game is working with a time limit, and I wouldn't want to make it too easy or give too bug of an advantage to gemmers. I'm all for gemming for advantages, but it needs to be balanced imo.

Salty Snack likes this.
  3. Tex

Tex Commodore

Yes. I'm imagining a 1 time per battle option. Perhaps the button doesn't show up on your screen until 5 seconds remain in the battle. And you can press it once to gain a slight advantage.

Bear likes this.
  4. Bear

Bear Commodore

That would be pretty good. I know I'd have used it if it were an option.

5. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

A PH for that last star? More often swimming to an outhouse! I like the idea of gemming another 5 seconds, but it would have to be 25 gems for 5 seconds and that's it. Gemmers already have too many advantages.

Sneaky Pete likes this.
  6. I fear that adding too much "gem features" makes this game deteriorate. It might become more of an advertisement page to buy gems then a game.
    I like the feature, I really do, but this is just a concern I have..

King Wraia likes this.
  7. King Wraia

King Wraia Powder Monkey

I agree TFEP. Game purchases should remain at the higher level. If we are able to influence a battle with gems, then those who challenge PP without money will leave.

I think it would be better to gain time depending on what percentage you've cleared. Like in a car racing game, you finish a lap, the time extends a few seconds. In a PP example, you crush the PH, you gain 10 seconds. But I'm fine with 180 seconds.

8. Tex

Tex Commodore

It would only be used by those pushing rank. Nobody would use the feature for farming. I would bet the majority of serious rank pushers spend gems. And even then you would not use the feature except for a minority of very close battles. If it were just 5 gems for 5 seconds, it would be affordable enough for even a non-gemmer to use sparingly.

9. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

I have to disagree. Part of the challenge during game play is selecting a base to attack. Let’s face it, we often choose what we feel will be in our own best interest. Placing a limited amount of time on this attack should never change. Speed gemming alone already favors the bigger wallet.

TiGeR

Salty Snack likes this.
  10. I completely agree with Tiger Claw. The high cost of pirates is already giving a major advantage to the player with deep pockets. I think the whole idea of Gems needs to be overhauled before it pushes fixed incomes players like myself out of the game. The game is off balance leaning in favor of cash players buying gems to build crews that cost over 800,000 grog each challenge. This is a game, not Wall Street!
    With Respect to all,
    Sneaky Pete

Skull King and Salty Snack like this.
  11. Skye

Skye Commodore

Free players need to be able to compete fairly, on identical ground to paying players, or it becomes pay to win and hurts everyone. There should be zero battle advantage whatsoever for a spender with equal troops/defensive levels.
    Paying should be ONLY to get things sooner, or things that do not give any gameplay advantage (although free players need enough time to have a chance to catch up and enjoy the content as well before giving spenders more to buy. See the Extra Credits channels' f2p/freemium series on youtube for an in depth explanation and analysis of the f2p model from industry experts)

Sneaky Pete likes this.
  12. Tex

Tex Commodore

I see your point, but will also remind you that gems are awarded for free by Midoki for completing tasks, including during ship battles. I earned 8 gems today for defeating a 4* fish.

13. Cap'n Creeperb

Cap'n Creeperb First Mate

I don't know about this. I don't see the point in adding options to pay for everything in this game, makes it kind of messy doesn't it? :confused: