Star fixes.

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by Cpt. Sharkhook, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Cpt. Sharkhook

Cpt. Sharkhook Powder Monkey

There is a lot of gold there! Holy ship look at how much grog they got!
    If you steal a good percentage of their gold, you should start filling up your stars.
    If I steal all of your gold and got a loss, how did you get a victory?
    This will fix pirate islands with a higher level units and buildings resting at lower battle ranks.
    It sets for a little more balance and keeps puny islands from being attacked by much stronger forces.
    The battle rank system can be cheated to stay low. This needs to be addressed.

2. Can you explain this idea some more?
    I'm not really sure I fully understand you.
    You think that if stars are based on the amount of stolen resources instead of how much destruction, people with big bases will stop farming the lower levels?

3. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

That really makes no sense at all. First, some people want the win so losing resources and getting the win is what they want. Secondly, how would this keep people from farming lower ranks? People farm where the most loot is.
    The single most annoying thing for me on this forum is the word cheat being associated with pirate rank. I don't get it. So am I supposed to move up to a lvl with less loot to abide by some unwritten honor code? I farm where the farmers are because they have all the loot. If they all move to the 700's then I will as well. Simple as that.

4. Cpt. Sharkhook

Cpt. Sharkhook Powder Monkey

What if you steal all their gold/grog and get a loss. Clearly that makes no sense. Think of gold and grog like a score, the higher your score the more stars you get, destroying everything, destroying the hall could be multipliers to this "score". The idea works like candy crush where the score fills your stars up.

5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

So, basically, make the collectors and storages be worth a variable % of the 100% scale, based on the % of max loot they contain.

I'd like to see them worth a bit more, and other buildings worth less, so. That works.

6. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Still not sure how he thinks this will keep farmers from the lower ranks.

7. Captain Monkey

Captain Monkey First Mate

Confused.com

8. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I completely missed that part about protecting the lower ranks. Yeah, I don't follow that logic, either.