Store means store

Discussion in 'Build Improvements' started by Paladinboyd, Mar 28, 2015.

1. I have to much stuff and would like to request when we click store it let's us keep stuff in a box so we can have a neat island it's playing mary hell with me who likes a neat island and has cuttlered island.

I have yet to know if others have brought this up but I would like to say it makes me a tad ticked. I have made a nice island and I have so much stuff just going places which is ruining my neat island.

Raptelan likes this.
  2. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

I agree it should be possible to store anything away indefinitely. Of course some buildings (PH) should not be possible to be kept stored, others would need conditions (e.g. Storages should only be storable if total loot fits into the others that aren't stored) and others (e.g. Mines and Distilleries) would not generate income while stored. This would definitely add defensive strategy as you could choose to store away less critical buildings to make it harder for someone to attain a star when attacking (of course, you would also increase the chance of defeat with less overall HP and distractions unless your defense was very strong. I think this is similar to the proposal to "turn off" trainings that we don't feel are worth the cost but can't undo doing.

3. And for those who want to nick pick my spelling or grammer it's half past 12 and IOS8 won't let me use the define
    Glad other are on my side also I like the idea of making bases smaller as it's tricky to defend big bases it would nice to have a small base the cost of less income would be a issue but a small base would have it's benefits.

4. Moving on to a finer point I would like the means to store items so I can have a easier to defend small island as I am being swamped by attackers and finding it hard to defend the fort if I can have means to store half my stuff I can have a easy to defend home base and I accept the lack of income comming and would be find with it.

5. Cap'n Creeperb

Cap'n Creeperb First Mate

We should only be able to store decorations. Every building, defence and resource building must be placed. But that's just what I think. :)

Christy likes this.
  6. Tex

Tex Commodore

I second this idea that only decorations should be storable. Max bases with no need for gold would store their mines/storages and make themselves less attractive as a target. How is that fair?

7. Christy

Christy Commodore

But if decorations could be stored no one would leave us their initials or cool messages with them :( Haaaa :rolleyes:

Ian likes this.
  8. MMONSTER

MMONSTER Powder Monkey

I agreed with this idea in the map editor. The map editor require us to place ALL pieces. Otheriwse we could not save the map and edit it later.
    Not sure if my point is in "map editor" or not.

9. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

If I started the game over, I would never build a mine or distillery other than the one of each that the game forces you to. They are useless as you can get all the loot you need from raiding alone and they provide only insignificant income. Since I can do that, I should be able to store these buildings as well. Same argument for the ability to toggle off trainings that I could have skipped.

10. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Sure you could - part of the data saved would simply be which pieces were not placed.

11. Tex

Tex Commodore

While the income from mines/distilleries might be insignificant for you, left unattended they make your base a sweeter target for the enemy. Whether you realize or not those items did help you reach a PH 8 level. You certainly collected from them and used the resources for building or recruiting. So IMO it's not fair to be able to remove all your resources. Every base that maxed would remove all income producing buildings and possibly storages. Heck, why not store the PH while you're at it? Decorations are should be storable because they are worthless and cannot be attacked.
    I completely agree training should be made toggle off. They do not affect the opponent in the same way missing resources do.

By the way...if you want to do these things, just start a second island.

12. Bear

Bear Commodore

Agreed, it's ridiculous to want to store anything other than decorations.

13. Ian

Ian Commodore

I agree with @Tex if things can be stored (not that I see a need for it.. but that's my opinion) it should only be for items that have no strategic value and/or cannot affect the flow of the game one way or another..

14. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Sure, I could start a second island, and throwing away the months and money already invested in my primary one, could attain the advantage of having less clutter to organize and protect on my islands. But why should I have to make such a sacrifice? Why should I be punished for, not knowing any better in the beginning, building the extra collectors? With over well 4,000 attacks, I can attest that the collectors did *not* help me reach PH8 - the vast majority of my funding for upgrades came from raids alone - I did not even bother to upgrade the collectors past a pretty low level until I had nothing better left to do.

The argument for toggling off trainings is the same for the argument for storing - that you should not be able to have a significant advantage over others by starting the game with special knowledge of certain irreversible actions to avoid.

Toggling a training would affect your advantage over opponents, because you would be able to raid without as much concern for grog recuperation. Storing a collector would affect your advantage over opponents, because your island would become easier, or harder depending on layout, to defend. Not every layout would benefit from storing collectors, just as not every layout benefits from shoving all the decorations off in a corner.

The only things that should be storable are things that are not necessary parts of the game, and anything that is stored should not have any effect. For instance, if I store guild perks, I should not be able to fund nor benefit from them. If I store collectors, I should receive no income from them. Storing the PH should of course be impossible, and storing the Guild Hall should not be possible if you are in a guild, and if stored it should not be possible to join a guild, etc. Stored storages would reduce overall capacity. I would say that *most* things should be storable, with a few basic essentials (PH, Ship, Guild Hall if in a guild) impossible to store. Remember that this would NOT necessarily be advantageous to do - every building has hit points that slow attackers down and use up precious time in the attack. But it would give increased variability to bases and defense strategy.

15. Bear

Bear Commodore

We can discuss it all we want, but I really don't think it will happen. Never seen it done before, and I don't see work being invested into developing it.

16. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

I thought the point of this section of the forum was to discuss interesting ideas for improving the game, not limiting ourselves to what has been done before in other games so this could just fall into the mold of what everybody else has done already. Forgive my mistake!

17. Tex

Tex Commodore

Just one last point on the benefits of having a maxed grog collector for a fully maxed PH 8 base.
    For those who push into the highest level you know that feeling when grog is scarce. Sometimes you literally, run out of gas and have no grog to build an army. Perhaps you were just 3-Starred and now what?

Well if you have maxed distilleries and a 12-hour shield they can help you rebuild your crew to fight another day. The income is pretty significant if you do the math.

7 distilleries x 6,500 grog/hr x 12 hr shield = 546,000 grog!
    So every 24 hours you are producing 1,092,000 volume of grog. Not bad I say.
    And that volume produced 24/7 certainly helps any player become maxed sooner than later.

I also imagine Midoki will update the mines/distilleries to produce more in the future and perhaps provide more of them.

Raptelan likes this.
  18. If I may jump back in I would like to stress the point big bases are hard to defend and I am struggling to defend my base yes smaller base would mean less resources and will be less likey to attack but I think the option to downgrade your would give this a new name other than clash of clan clone and let players make the tatical choice of downgrading.

Raptelan likes this.
  19. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Yep, I have been to the 800's a few times and know how grog gets tough. But then you would have three options - bring the collectors out of storage, thus losing whatever advantage you might have with a smaller base while they are collecting more for you, rely on map/errand grog income alone (haha), or play more cautiously so that you don't run out of grog.

Paladinboyd likes this.
  20. It's a tad diffculted to play cautiously when you leave for work and every one from cobra to hydra attacks I think a smaller base will keep you safe from the gold hunters and less of a target for the score hunters.