Stores or collectors?

Discussion in 'Battle Strategies' started by Neckbeard, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Neckbeard

Neckbeard Crew

One of the things we have to do in those fifteen seconds of prep time before each raid, is determine where the loot is. It could be mainly in the stores, or mainly in the gold mines/grog distilleries. What is the best way to do this?

I've figured out the graphics effect for the stores: gold stores progressively open with god-rays peeking out. And grog stores have bigger stacks of barrels under them as they fill up. But that's only partly useful since a high level store can have a lot of loot inside before it shows anything. And I haven't been able to figure out how to read the mines and distilleries. Is there a graphics effect as they fill up that I haven't been able to see so far?

What I've been doing is shooting an exposed collector and seeing how much loot I get. But that isn't always available and doesn't always give a definitive answer. Anyone have any advice?

2. Bear

Bear Commodore

There isn't a good way that I know of. One way i guess is to watch your own collectors. let them fill up and see if they change in graphics.

3. Neckbeard

Neckbeard Crew

I have been watching my own collectors, but I haven't seen any difference yet when they fill up. Maybe there isn't any? Hmm, I'm feeling a post in the Ideas subforum coming on...

Bear likes this.
  4. Just sent one gunner or anything to destroy either one. Because there is no visual way to see where the loot is. Unless you revenge somebody. In that case you can watch his storages.

5. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

I used to hate both the 15 second timer and the fact that you cant tell if collectors are full or not, but now I actually really like both of these things. Coming from two games where I basically looked for full collectors all day every day and picked them off, this game has changed me to raiding full on most of the time. Turns out I wasn't looking for a clone of the other games I've played. Who knew :p