Streak Bugs

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Broadside, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Broadside

Broadside Crew

There are various instances where it appears that successful raids don't count. I can't seem to find a pattern to these, but also don't really want to be running streaks incessantly just to test this. When I have kept an eye on streaks I've noticed the following (not patterns, just anecdotes):

1. Frequently, of the first two or three raids in a streak, one win won't count.
    2. If you timeout from a raid then the last raid will be deducted if you attempt to continue. For example, when yesterday's maintenance interrupted my streak after just 2 wins (and I checked that the counter increased to two), after taking the option to continue streak after the maintenance, the win counter returned to one.
    3. Frequently you'll wind up with a streak of 10 or so wins, without dropping trophies, and find that a smaller number gets counted as wins. The missing raids will be counted towards the streak total, but not to the wins. I've tried to work out the pattern - initially I thought it might have been wins associated with not taking out the pirate hall, or wins without getting 50%, but the same happens where all the wins have been 100%.

The bug doesn't affect loot, the log, the PP/BP, etc. It only appears to be affecting how it counts the number of wins in a streak - that is when you get the chest bonuses.

Another inconsistency is with the streak perks. You always get a streak perk after the first raid, win or lose. If you run a streak of losses (ie, if you want to drop trophies at the start or get a different opening perk) you won't get another perk. I don't have any issue with that per se, I don't think that perks should be given unless you've won a battle, but the implementation is inconsistent.

2. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

Solution to issue 1 is extreemly easy... Loose the first battle, woun't cost you any Pirates and after you start attacking you first win wil be a win ...

Issue 2: partly aggreeing on... Letting you phone/tablet time the game out would be an extreemly easy way to pause a streak.
    Last time i had a Maintenance break the game indeed deducted a win... I vote: -1 i did not ask for the maintenance break...

Issue 3 has never happend to me before. Winning is counting them. And the losses are counter for the streak lenght (just a figure telling you how many attacks you have done in a row. The winnings are all that count!

Ps: iT you let the battle finish the full 3 minutes (but loose) iT does give you buffs. I just don't want to wait 3 min to drop a few cups but recieve boosts

3. Broadside

Broadside Crew

Yes, I agree that the solution to issue 1 logically should be that easy, so I tried it. After three raids, 1 deliberate loss and two wins (100%), I had 1 win on the counter. That didn't make sense... although fortunately I was able to get myself through the rest of the streak without hitting the issue 3 on that occasion. I'm still uncertain about Issue 3 - other guild members have encountered it as well. Interesting that finishing the game after 3 mins makes the difference for repeat buffs and wonder whether that's making a difference for some results. I also am not that patient to wait out 3 mins to lose a few rank.

4. Skye

Skye Commodore

The only time a buff is given out when you haven't won a battle is after the very first fight, when it initially starts the streak. Any other time in your streak, losing or forfeiting a battle will count down the buffs by 1 battle, but will not give you any new ones. You will only get a new one on a win after the initial freebie at the beginning of the streak. I'd recommend forfeiting a bunch of times to drop rank prior to your initial attempt to streak, and then cancelling out, forfeiting one more time to start your streak, and using that freebie to kick things off. You can always leave and forfeit again if you don't like your initial freebie buff, but its probably not worth the effort.

The reason your battles are not counting as wins is because you are logging off or disconnecting between battles. If you disconnect for any reason between two battles, if the previous battle was a win, it no longer contributes to your win total unless it was a win that gave you a chest reward (to prevent you from disconnecting and repeatedly receiving that chest reward). You cannot leave the app or let your device lock between battles - you must gem it or wait the timer out without leaving the page, and if your connection cuts out or maintenance hits while waiting, so be it. If I'm not gemming my next battle, once a minute I slide the troops deployed bar around, so that nothing times out. This was changed about two weeks ago in a server patch (see the second post in the halloween patch notes for server changes), which is different from the initial behavior of streaks. But by now everyone should have read the post and understand the change to the system! Its been two weeks!

Forfeiting immediately is not any different to timing out your battle with 3 minutes of doing nothing - no matter what, your buffs will decrease by one every battle, win lose or forfeit. I forfeit every other battle in my streak to keep my PR very low :) none of the buffs are really worth worrying about anyways unless they are at least epic tier.

5. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

@Skye I'll have to disagree.

I was farming on a streak (just wanted the buffs) when I did an experiment. I used 1 gunner to snipe the collectors. Then I waited the remainder of the timer WITHOUT deploying any troops (so it was a 6% loss). I then got Gold Rush buff.

6. Skye

Skye Commodore

I have never experienced it but if its happening it will hopefully be patched soon because that is not intended behavior :)

7. Broadside

Broadside Crew

The bug where wins aren't counted to the streak occasionally happens without having disconnected, although that said it could be connected with connection issues during a long commute. I spend 2 hours a day on the train so that's my plunder time, and the connection does get shaky unpredictably. Still losing a streak win because of a shaky connection is lame.

8. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

There is one option to "pause" your streak without dropping 1 win. I usenet to still participaties (gem free) in RUMBLES. 1-2 gunners for loose phall. And at the chest giving number (Lets say at 5 wins) you attack full tavern on 625 score rumble island. You rehire at the end, get your chest and can leave the game. -1 at this point would make chest collecting at 50 for the admiral "loose-1= 49 win+1 =50 and AGAIN a. Chest. If only this would be true!!