Success

Discussion in 'Build Strategies' started by Buckles, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Buckles

Buckles Powder Monkey

Thanks yall!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  2. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Unfortunately no base is impenetrable, but with your base I would probably destroy it. Without being able to turn your base to see it from all angles, I would attack you from both side of your lower gold storage. Half my brutes on the left of it, half on the right. Then clean up with gunners and also use some gunners to "guide" the rest of them.

I'm not a fan of splitting up my defenses on 2 islands like you have them just cuz brutes/juggs and soak up single fire like crazy, you need to have a few of your defenses firing on the Brute/jugg. Maybe others have more advice for you. Hope that little bit helps.

Kelani likes this.
  3. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

What @Burnz said.

Even a not-so-great attacker could dump their entire army on the south beach of the lower island and still ruin your day. The only things I can add are,

-Always look for ways to give yourself more multiple layers of defense, by putting as many walls as you can between you and the most likely routes attackers will take.

-Recognize which defenses do the heavy lifting, and keep them as protected as possible. That single wall between the beach and the mortar on the lower island is as good as an open front door for upgraded gunners. Especially since the bunkers aren't guarding that direction that I can see.

-Go for as much overlapping fire as you can get, so that defenses are covering as many buildings and defenses as possible. Consider what will happen to your defensive network when any piece is destroyed. If the whole thing collapses from that, it needs to be reinforced.

You just can't rely on a cannon or two to defend something all by themselves.

Red Hand of Doom likes this.
  4. Tex

Tex Commodore

Sorry matey. Can't make out the details from that distance. But I'll make a special visit
    to your island just before you have enough gold to upgrade the Pirate Hall. ;)
    [​IMG]

Burnz likes this.
  5. Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate Powder Monkey

Silly lass wants his base to look realistic. We'll see how long that naiveté lasts.

6. Christy

Christy Commodore

+1 to everything mentioned. Also think your ship could be better placed for defensive purposes. I used to want my island to look pretty :cool: gave up on that

7. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

Aye, pretty Islands are my first choice to plunder...

Overlapping defenses and extending the island for your mortars to kill troops is always a good plan! Protect resources...

Captain Monkey likes this.
  8. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

I like it just the way it is.
    Don't ever change a thing.
    ...well, just make sure to upgrade those gold and grog collectors and storage, k?
    See you in a few weeks! :rolleyes:

Kelani likes this.
  9. Buckles

Buckles Powder Monkey

Bring it on, yall ain't got it in you to overtake this island. Also thanks for the tips.

10. Captain MetaTauta

Captain MetaTauta First Mate

Pretty sure I already did :D