Successfully attacked under a shield

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by roguecylon, Sep 29, 2014.

1. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

Last night I was defeated and put under a shield, so decided to grow my resources overnight. Checked this morning and the shield was still active for another 95 minutes, yet I had been at least defeated again 19 minutes earlier for over 200k gold and 100k grog. Probably attacked much more than that judging by my depletion, but again the logs (and revenge) where wiped clean outside of this latest defeat. I wouldn't complain but this is getting really, really old. I've lost a lot to server maintenance and weird happenings, such as exiting the game after paying for a massive upgrade and then coming back to no upgrade and deplted funds. It was bad when I started playing and 50% of the time couldn't get in. I understand bugs happen, I work in the software industry. But this is a basic feature.

2. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

What is sounds like may have happened is that you shield ran out, you were attacked, and the loss from this triggered a new shield.

Does that sound possible?

3. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

Chris, incorrect. Perhaps you speed read my response, I don't post for no reason. I knew how much time was on the shield from last night. That was still the active shield, although my defend history had been wiped clean. I then had an attach on me from 19 minutes before (new history) that was successful, it had depleted my resources (although my resources are more depleted than that one attack), that attack was made under the shield being active, and the shield only showed 95 minutes left, which was correct from the previous night.

Don't worry yourself, it's pretty much the final straw with all the other bugs and problems. I will contact your support, or Apple and seek a refund on the monies spent.

4. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

If it helps your bug report Chris. I know for certain that I was attacked under an active shield for the following reasons:
    1. The active shield was going to end around 5 minutes after two upgrades I had going overnight for my cannons.
    2. Despite the logs being wiped, my resources had depleted significantly overnight.
    3. The attack against me was shown as having happened only around 19 minutes prior to logging on in the morning. This was a different attacker from the one that activated my shield. They defeated me enough to steal all resources. In fact the level of resources they took on the replay did not tallying with the details on resources plundered either. Replay was 200K gold and 100k grog, details were around half that. But these are much less than the resources lost overnight.
    4. I'd gathered these resources from plunder and a lot of attacks on other camps. I used gems to speed up the recruitment which has gotten quite long, and for some reason has increased even on the same troop levels.

5. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the additional information, and we will of course investigate what you are saying by checking it against the server records. For this I will need either you player name of ID and the time this occurred. Feel free to PM these details if you prefer.

Also, should you wish to contact support as you previously stated, support@rovio.com is the best email address to use. I am sure there is someone there who will be able to help you. Thanks, and apologies for any inconvenience.

6. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

PM sent.

7. KillBoxR32

KillBoxR32 Powder Monkey

Ok, finally found this. I can confirm that I was attacked under shield. I had 6H on my shield left and went to the kitchen to cook dinner. Came back an hour later it said I was under attack. once the attack was over the time still displayed at the top. I was looted with a shield, I didn't go to sleep, I saw it with my own eyes. I will be contacting Rovio about this issue.

8. KillBoxR32

KillBoxR32 Powder Monkey

f it was a revenge attack I would not have cared. I got what was coming to me but it was not revenge.

9. KillBoxR32

KillBoxR32 Powder Monkey

as I was writing the email to rovio I was attack while under shield again. Not only was I attack it said I was defeated and my PH was still there. I think this is a problem that is coming out into the light. This was just the last straw for me though.

10. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

Last straw for me too. I was a bit of a mug an purchased gems, mainly to speed up recruitment for attacks. Naturally the gem cost went up even on same level PH and same skills. Between the constant server maintenance. Being attacked straight after a server maintenance, before I could use my resources for the upgrades I needed. Losing gems because I upgraded something and exited straight out, only to return to no upgrade. And finally this being attacked under a shield. Well I was given the runaround from Rovio support, and now am reaching out to Apple for a refund.

11. KillBoxR32

KillBoxR32 Powder Monkey

I sent them screen shots. Concrete evidence.

12. Wow, you spent money on a brand new game and are shocked that it has some bugs that need to be worked out? Clearly the only solution is to complain and demand a refund for an ill conceived purchase.

13. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

Thanks for your alternative viewpoint.