switch back to previous base

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bearbelle, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Bearbelle

Bearbelle Powder Monkey

My grandson started a base on his ipad, low level of course. He also started a guild which included myself and another family member. He then asked me if he could use my base and I said yes. We went through the procedures and he now has my base on his ipad and his guild.

He is finding that this "upgrade" is more than he can cope with and would like to switch back to his old base and keep the guild. Is it possible to get him back to his old base; reverse the procedure?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bearbelle.

2. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

We could recover his former *account*, but it would be the entire account - so his Pirate Rank, name, guild, guild rank, gem, gold, grog, BP, EP, pirate training levels, Outfit unlocks, etc, would all go back to his old base. If he's currently the captain of the guild and wants to remain so, his best bet would be to assign the rank of captain to someone he trusts, then contact customer support to recover his old account (he'll have to answer a series of questions, including the original name for his account, etc). Once his old account is recovered, he can then (re)join the guild and ask for the captaincy back.

3. Bearbelle

Bearbelle Powder Monkey

Hello Lynsey, my grandson says that he would like to go back to his original base. In doing so I am assuming this would not disrupt my own base, correct? If I understand you correctly above the next action should be to contact customer support. Which is the best way to this, through this forum or by email? I have already sent an email to customer support but have yet to receive an answer; this was before these conversations. Thanks and I look forward to any help you may provide.

Bearbelle

4. Lynsey [Midoki]

We can only really recover islands through the customer support system, so waiting for a reply to the email is best.

5. Bearbelle

Bearbelle Powder Monkey

Good morning Lynsey. Just received the following via email:

Hi We're sorry to hear you're having problems with Plunder Pirates. If you could use the ingame support by going to the Log>Settings>Help>Support we will have all the information we need to quickly investigate the issue. Many thanks

On Tue, 6 Nov 2018 at 23:30, Bearbelle <piratesupport@midoki.com> wrote:
    Plunder Pirates Forum
    The following message has been sent from Bearbelle <jacqueline_allan@yahoo.com> (IP: 64.180.92.156) via the contact form at Plunder Pirates Forum.

switch back to old base
    My grandson started his own base, then elected to upgrade to my base which is much stronger and of course a lot more expensive. The upgrade is not working too well for him leading to a lot of frustration. Is there some way for him to get back to his original base.

Thanks for any help on how to proceed.
    Jacqueline
    http://forum.plunderpirates.com/index.php

Can we resolve this somehow please between your end of things and customer support?
    Thanks for any help.
    Bearbelle

6. Bearbelle

Bearbelle Powder Monkey

Hello Lynsey (again); Just sent the following email to customer support:

Good morning;
    I have already been working with online support and here is the last message from Lynsey:
    "We can only really recover islands through the customer support system, so waiting for a reply to the email is best."
    Each of you are referring to the other to solve my request, obviously this is not going to produce a result. Would one or both of you
    please help.
    Thanks.
    Jacqueline (Bearbelle).

7. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Did you send the email using an in-game ticket? By going to the gear icon and then life preserver icon? I think that is what they mean by in game support. Hope that helps! Good luck!

8. Lynsey [Midoki]

Yep, to recover islands they need to go through the in-game support, which is accessed via the Log > Settings > Help > Support. This is because in the case of account recovery, we need to follow an established procedure where we can tie the account to the device and ask a lot of security questions (to make sure people aren't maliciously trying to nick or overwrite other people's accounts).

9. Bearbelle

Bearbelle Powder Monkey

Thanks Lynsey and Morgan, got it now and have done that. Thanks for the help and sorry about the
    confusion.

Jacqueline

MorganFlint likes this.