Tap screen....but nothing happens

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Shark Bait, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

I just always assumed it was me or my device, but has anyone else had issue with trying to deploy pirates. I would tap the screen over water to deploy, and no one would deploy. Tap harder, still nothing. Panic and start hitting every button, switching pirates and tapping everywhere on the screen, then they deploy. Just always assumed it was me and my crew were just a bunch of cowards.

2. There's a small "deadspace" at the bottom of the screen, good idea to center your screen more or less where you are deploying.

3. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I also have this problem, and reported it in another suggestion thread. I don't think what @Shark Bait is referring to has anything to do with the deadspace. For me, It doesn't matter what you do with your screen. I've zoomed in, zoomed out, rotated, and still failed to deploy. Unless the game is just not responding, the problem seems to be the "deployable region" along any shoreline is just too precise and unforgiving. This zone is either offset too far away from the shore, or is easy to miss, because it's a few pixels too narrow. If it's difficult for me, I can't imagine how difficult it is for people with big 'ol club fingers. :)

Sure, you can deploy further out in the water, but nobody wants to do that. Most people want to deploy as close to the shore as possible, and will tap near the surf at the shoreline. The game needs to recognize that, and instead of rejecting the deployment, simply deploy the pirates at the nearest available water, which will always be a few pixels away.