Taunts after a battle.

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Januavera, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Januavera

Januavera Powder Monkey

I know this request might generate lots of trolling in this game.
    But I always wanted to be able to leave a message to other players after I attacked them.
    Something like: "I messed up my attack" or "sorry for the disturbance" or "thank you for the fish" "nice base" or...

It would bring a lot of life in the game... :) But some might not like it.

What do you think about this idea ?

2. Ian

Ian Commodore

Yes you are right.. it would tempt a lot of unnecessary trolling.. Some may see it as light hearted in-game 'sledging'. But as found in some sports where sledging is tolerated, it gets out of hand and turns nasty very quickly. My opinion... at this point, not a good idea; but appreciate the thought to put it out there..

3. Bear

Bear Commodore

Yeah it's been suggested before and the community here shot it down pretty quickly.

4. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

Maybe to prevent the "bad" messages there could be a list of some appropriate messages that you can select, some greetings, some funny, some with generic positive comments about island layout and whatever else that could fit.

peg-brain bob likes this.
  5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Or how about just giving people the option to disable the feature, and not be forced to see any messages?

6. Tex

Tex Commodore

I'm completely for this idea.
    However, if the attacker loses, he has to read winning defense "fail taunt".
    Would be good to have ability to load up to 5 messages that rotate randomly.