Tavern Queue

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Gangrene Beard, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

So, is a tavern queue still I'm the works? I'd like to be able to buy more troops and have them start training as soon as I return from a raid. I really hate coming back to the app to plunder and realizing that I forgot to queue up some pirates.
    @Chris [Midoki]?

2. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

It is still in the works, yes. We added the Pirate Catcher in the short term so that recruitment could be accelerated.

3. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Yea I'd love this too, i said it in another thread a while back.

4. One-Eyed Willy

One-Eyed Willy First Mate

I had a suggestion about the Pirate Catcher.

Myself and my guild members alike feel as though the pirate catcher would serve better utility if it were a higher reduction rate, say 25%. As a way to make this more equitable the perk could only last for 5 hours with a 5 hour cool down in between.

5. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Interesting take - On one side that sounds great because who plunders for 24 hours straight? On the other, if it's set for 5 hours with a 5 hour cool down that kinda screws over guilds with many different time zones. Imagine logging in to see that you have a 5 hour cool down to go before you can use the perk?

6. One-Eyed Willy

Maybe 4 hours active 3 hours cooldown. It would require a guild to make the best decisions as to when to fund it and such

7. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

I actually like it the way it is, it's a nice chunk of time knocked off.

8. One-Eyed Willy

9 minutes off an hour of recruiting is hardly a nice chunk.

9. One-Eyed Willy

Don't get me wrong. I appreciate the ability to reduce the time to recruit. I just think it would be nice to have increased reduction for periods where there is heavy raiding. Instead of a mediocre reduction throughout the whole day.

10. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

I appreciate any help in reducing recruiting times, but I feel the current pirate catcher rate should be increased based on the current recruiting system in place. With that being said, I would not be surprised if there are more pieces to the recruiting puzzle to be added at a later time that will also facilitate recruiting. In which case, a 15% boost might be more than adequate if there are additional options available that will speed up troop recruitment. I honestly don't think the Devs will be leaving recruitment in it's current state as a long term solution based on earlier comments from the Admins.

11. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Maybe it works better if you place it closer to the tavern. Like when you hold your cell phone high(closer to the satellites)

12. One-Eyed Willy

Yes. Even upgrading the pirate catcher is inevitable. But I think it would be interesting to see guild perk buildings that instead of being active for the whole day, had a greater effect for a shorter period of time.

13. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

I hope the catcher is only a bandaid until something useful is done about it. 15% off isnt gonna cut it long term obviously, especially when there's new academy levels.

14. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

I would think they will add more upgradable levels to it like the Blacksmith & the Stonemason, I can see why some people that have those 2hr training times might not be very happy with just a 15% speed increase, mine was an hour before & is 50min now so I'm ok with 15% for now, it's more than we had a few days ago so I won't complain.
    But they can't take too much off the time since that the main reason people buy Gems is to finish troops quickly, the more off the time the less Gems spent on training times, the longer Gems will last, the less Gems sold.

15. Bear

Bear Commodore

I LOVE the pirate catcher just the way it is. Don't change it. Just give us an upgrade option with the next Pirate Hall lvl that's introduced.

16. One-Eyed Willy

How about guild hall level instead

17. Bear

Bear Commodore

Either way. It will still probably require upgrading the PH.