Terrain improvements

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by 912mig, Nov 14, 2014.

1. 912mig

912mig Powder Monkey

Hi all, I love this game so much I have a ideia for the game that I want to share, and you feedback if possible.

In august, I went to Colombian Caribe for vacation. Cartagena was my destination, this city had strong piracy history. Was plundered by Sir Francis Drake and have the biggest spanish fortress biult outside Spain.

Well, here my ideia, this fortress was not biult near sea, it was a castle built near a swamp to prevent a land invasion of the city. If the fortress was able to hold a attack for 4 or 5 five days, the moskitos would do thier job, and after this period the invasors start to die of malaria and yellow fever!!!!

Plunder pirates could implement a terrain improvement "swamp" that could slow the attacker (halving their speed for example). This terrain could even make damage "moskitos".

Or create a new whole weapon, MOSKITOS!!!

That would be funny.

Ler me know what you think.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

First of all - it's always great to see a fresh idea.
    Secondly, I think the addition of different terrain types would be a great strategic advantage to this game but certain limits would have to be in place. Mainly, a limit to how many squares of swamp can be placed.

Bear likes this.
  3. Bear

Bear Commodore

While I like the idea in principle. I don't think it would work in the game. A maxed pirate hall already csn almost fill your island. And we can only assume more pirate halls and items will come. So defensivd swamp land may be a bit much.

4. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Converted decorations?

Bear likes this.
  5. Bear

Bear Commodore

Maybe if it was a useful decoration.

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  6. 912mig

912mig Powder Monkey

Thanks for the feedback guys.
    I do agree we need limitations on terrains. Assuming it sizes 4 squares (like a cannon or decoration) you could use limited quantity of terrains, like 4 or 5.
    You could use these swamps to slow the troops advance in certain areas.
    Or create a "gas marsh" or fog terrain, where ranged attack through this terrain is not possible. (cause troops cant see the other side).
    There are many possibilities for terrains.

7. Cap'n Creeperb

Cap'n Creeperb First Mate

I like your idea, 4 squares seems like a good size for the swamp, and it could be in the defense category. Would definitely enjoy zoooming in on the island and watch enemy pirates getting bitten by swamp mosquitos. xD It would look cool together with voodoo hut also!