Testing your Base

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by Ndogg, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Ndogg

Ndogg Powder Monkey

The new base editor update coming out is going to be really helpful, but it would be really cool to be able to test attack yourself with whatever troops you want. This wouldn't actually do damage to you and you would be given the option to use any troops in the game, not just the ones you currently have.

I find it really frustrating when I come up with a design that works great against archers and brutes, then all of a sudden someone plows through a soft spot with bombers and you have to wait until someone else attacks with similar troops before seeing if you fixed the problem.

2. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

It's been suggested several times before, but the general opinion is that it'd make it too easy for lots of players to tweak their bases into 100% impenetrable deathtraps. Since there's no corresponding way to practice attacking for free, the game would veer towards having tons of impossible to beat bases. Consequently, available loot/victories would go down. A lot.

Now, the part about being able to attack with any troops you want. That, I think, is a new twist.

Personally, I'd like to see this in the form of your guildmates being able to test attack you. I think this is a better scenario, because it gives two people a way to pass the time, encourages guild interaction and cooperation, and even better, your base is tested by someone who may spot weaknesses you've overlooked.

Not sure if this is on the Battle or guild master lists, but if so, definitely add the part about being able to pick what troops you attack with -even if you don't currently have those troops available. It'd make the feature double as a nice tutorial mode.

Christy likes this.
  3. Ndogg

Ndogg Powder Monkey

I read through the master list for here and in the battle section, I didn't think it would be anywhere else... my bad. Honestly, you are probably somewhat right about people being able to make some impossible defenses, but I just think it would be really fun :p at least defensively, offense might get crazy.

If they make it so you can attack yourself without it having any real effect, there is no reason I can think of that would prevent them from being able to also allow guild mates to attack you. But really, sooner or later, you and your guild mates are going to come up with some really awesome defenses, so why not allow people to just attack themselves too?

4. I will add this to the battle masterlist later today

5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

@The Fish Eyed Pirate Can you add this as a combination of all the feature requests, i.e.

-Ability to test against your own base
    -Ability to test a guild member's base
    -Ability to test with ANY troops, whether you've unlocked them or not (that's the one I like best) :)

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.