Text Size

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by McDuff11, Sep 22, 2014.

1. McDuff11

McDuff11 Powder Monkey

OK, I admit I am probably a bit older than your average player but I would like to see the text size bumped up a bit. It is very difficult to read the in-game text. I can't be the only one facing this problem. Hopefully others will chime in.

Edit, I forgot to mention that I am on an iPhone 6.

Alnear likes this.
  2. Loveli

Loveli Powder Monkey

I'm with McDuff. On the iPhone 5s the text is way way too small. I'm not a youngster either, but that small text can't be good on even young eyes. It's a bit ridiculously tiny.

3. Loveli

Loveli Powder Monkey

Seriously guys, the font size is a real problem on the phone. It's becoming frustrating. I've never played a game that was this hard to read. I notice you haven't commented on this thread. Does this mean you have no plans to enlarge it?

4. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

We take a note of all the changes people request. It's all a matter of prioritisation

Alnear likes this.
  5. July cleaver

July cleaver Powder Monkey

Perhaps the text box could expand when Double clicked? I am having the same "not a spring chicken" issue.

Kawika likes this.
  6. July cleaver

July cleaver Powder Monkey

Is Apple paying you guys to keep the text small so we old people have to upgrade to a 6+?

7. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Come see the Punny Pedandic Pirate to get a new pair of reading glasses. They really help.

8. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Don't feel bad. I have 20/10 vision and even on an iPad, I have to lean in close to read the text.

9. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Since this is my field of study, and my passion, I will take this opportunity to explain the process of presbyopia. It is essentially the eye's inability to focus on objects that are within reach or closer. When we are young and our eyes are healthy the main lens of the eye is quite flexible. The flexing is what changed the focus of the eye. This flexing is achieved by small fibers called cilia which are attacked to the lens and the walls of the eye. They stretch and constrict to pull on the lens from all sides for near vision or relax to let it go back to infinity(focus). The ability is referred to as accommodation, and as we get older we lose this ability. The lens loses it's flexibility with age and the cilia lose their elasticity. So even if your distance vision is perfect, you might still be in need of glasses for near tasks.

Also keep in mind that cheap over the counter reading glasses are not always the best choice for you unless you are wearing them over a pair of contacts. If you are not wearing them over contacts then it is best to see an optometrist to get a prescription pair to cover your needs.

Lastly, I realize that glasses can be ordered online for very little money. I will make this plainly simple: they often are made in regions with very lax regulation. They are often unsafe. The prescription can easily be entered incorrectly and you wouldn't know. A pupillary distance is not something that should be estimated. You only get two eyes, it's not like you can buy brand new ones at the store.

End of long post. Carry on.

Kelani likes this.
  10. well.. Here is a potato:
    [​IMG]

Bear likes this.
  11. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Hmmm....yes. I do agree.....that is a potato

12. AngryBeard

AngryBeard Community Manager

Can we keep the spam and potatoes (especially the potatoes) in the Off-Topic please?

13. Alnear

Alnear Powder Monkey

I have the same problem...! My eyes burn after reading the chat and not to mention how they feel after I've been playing all day once very hour...Maybe I'm the one playing to much jajaja. But I am not sure if its the text size or the font type that is causing the problem?
    Anyways I really love this game and I hope they will fix this problem soon. I wouldn't want to destroy my eyes because of a game!

14. Kawika

Kawika Crew

I find the text to be too small as well. I like the suggested idea of touch-to-enlarge for chat, or even a separate window i.e. Guild, leaderboard, notifications instead of a slide out feature.

15. Natureangel

Natureangel Powder Monkey

Am I the only one having a harder time reading with the dark background? Can we get a over 35 year old version that is not a strain to the eyes?

Kelani likes this.
  16. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I agree, the Blue to Black gradient is WAY too high contrast. This needs to be lighter, and fade from medium blue to a dark gray, at most. Also, anything like an emoji which contains black in it is completely invisible until it scrolls down to the blue part.