The $700K Gold Challenge. Post Your Results.

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by Tex, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Tex

Tex Commodore

Here's a new challenge for my fellow Plunderer's. The goal is to press the next button until you find a base with $700K+ in loot. You must keep track of how many Next's it took to find and you must attack the base and post results regardless of the outcome.

My first attempt at this challenge took me 69 Next's. I passed up many lucrative bases with less than that, but were easy targets I would typically settle on. My cost to discover this trophy was $350 x 69 = $24,150.
    Here are the results:
    [​IMG]
    If anyone is up for the challenge please share your results. I was prepared to spend my entire gold storage to find a $700K+ base and I had about $600K stored. If you accept this challenge you cannot cheat by attacking an easier base or skipping a loaded base that is too difficult. Gentleman's word.

Let the games begin!!!

2. TBird

TBird Captain

[​IMG]
    In the 200s ... Think it was 11-12 next
    Finding a few every night in the past few days

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
    Tex likes this.
  3. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Why bother, Tim just won the challenge. He also KO'd the base.
    JK, I'll give it ago

Tiger Claw likes this.
  4. Tex

Tex Commodore

Very nice Tbird! I'm gonna give it another go before bed. FYI...You don't have to get the highest score.
    It's just fun to know how many Next's it takes to score decent loot.

5. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Well that game sucked, 16th next offered 725,000 gold, 800,000ish grog, well designed Ph8 will upgraded MM and Mortars which protected all the walls leading to the Gold/Grog, oh did I mention all defenses were inside the walls too? So I gave it a go with my farming arming, my guys got slaughtered. Got about 350,000 in gold. The base was a very strong Resource saving base.

6. Tex

Tex Commodore

My second attempt and came across an $800K base on the 4th Next. I was feeling great until I accidentally deployed my brutes instead of gunners. So I had to alter my attack and was lucky to gain the loot you see below. Very lucky.
    [​IMG]

7. Tex

Tex Commodore

There's your problem Burnz. If you're going for the $700K base bring your best crew.
    Please keep us posted if you try again.

8. Tex

Tex Commodore

I just completed my first $700K challenge of the day. I've been unable to find any good loot today so I was skeptical that I would be able to make it without settling for a mid-sized reward. I did see many bases with $500K gold and I even saw one with $649K gold, but I stuck to my plan.

After 58 Nexts x $350 = $20,300 finders fee, I finally stumbled upon one.
    Thankfully the walls were still level 9!
    Before Photo:
    [​IMG]
    After Photo:
    [​IMG]
    Any other pirates brave enough to take the challenge and post results?

9. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

LMAO

Damn... That was a quick one... :D

TiGeR

10. Tex

Tex Commodore

There is no winner in this challenge. The challenge is having the patience to Next X number of times until you find the $700K base and then attacking it regardless of its defense. Guess there's no pirates brave enough besides those already tried. ;)

11. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

I'll join the challenge, but Gold is quite precious right now and I just entered the 600+ rank arena.

Keeping me PaW's crossed

TiGeR

===========================
    UPDATE

Count me out.. :eek:

First base meeting your criteria had L11 walls and I only have A6 Trained troops. Didn't want to take the lose on my Grog, i.e., cost of troops and not gaining it back. I'm sure you know what I mean. ;)

Following my push I'll add to this thread.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
    Burnz and Tex like this.
  12. TBird

TBird Captain

200s still looking good, maxed out level 8.... Guess he was gassing up for a climb.
    [​IMG]

Tex likes this.
  13. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

86K BP?
    Impressive