The ability to choose how many pirates go on explorations

Discussion in 'Exploration Improvements' started by Dravdon, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Dravdon

Dravdon Powder Monkey

It'd be cool to have an upgrade somewhere that allowed you to determine how many pirates will leave the tavern on the next exploration. Currently they all always go, so there's some awkward juggling to do with raiding, then recruiting, then sending the ship out while the number of pirates is still low, so that you don't end up sending a whole ton of pirates off on a pleasure cruise on your dime, when you can see they're not going to get challenged much along the way.

The shipyard maybe? The galley? Maybe put the guys who stay behind in the fort?

alebvk and Akabane08 like this.
  2. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

We have thought about adding a shipyard that could also be used for customizing your ship. Your suggestion could also be integrated into this building so it's definitely something we can consider for a future update.

Kelani and Bear like this.
  3. I like that I can send a full crew out on an easy mission then build a full army and attack twice in a row when the ship gets back. If you don't want a lot of troops on your ship send it out when you only have a few guys trained.

4. ckl1

ckl1 Powder Monkey

I agree with this post. There should be a feature that allows you to select the troops that you would like to send on a voyage. With high grog units in my lineup, this is really a pain in the #%¥.

5. Bear

Bear Commodore

It's easy just to train a sailing crew. Send it out. Then train a plunder crew

6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Love the idea. Until then, I compensate by sending a ship crew that's identical to my plundering crew. If my tavern is full when my ship returns, I just go raid someone, then empty the ship and top them off by hiring new guys. Then ship goes out, and I start hiring a plunder crew. The only time this doesn't work so well is when I have a shield after being raided, but I typically ditch it so I can plunder, so not a big deal.

7. Akabane08

Akabane08 Powder Monkey

I think this is an idea worth considering. +1 from me.