The Ability to Gift Gems

Discussion in 'Guild Improvements' started by Super-Nor, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

It would be very nice if one could gift gems to other guild mates.

Maybe a member menu option [Gift 100 Gems] with a safety prompt.

This would give members the ability to reward others for hard work in a rumble or to help them rush a build along or whatever else the need may be. Sometimes it is just a nice thing to do. So many reasons.

One might say "why would Midoki want to do allow this?". Simple: gems are addictive. They know this, they give you gems all the time in small and sometimes in chests, large quantities.

Please add this feature and I know it will be used by my guild!

2. Skye

Skye Commodore

With some safeguards this could be a good idea. Other games have systems where you can send friends a gift once a day, so it isn't unheard of.

Here is my only issue with it as suggested:
    -Player makes new alt on bluestacks.
    -Player completes tutorial, has 100 gems from that, sends them to main account.
    -Player deletes alt account and repeats.

Further exploits could involve using multiple alts to push each other up to PR500, where they can't be found by strong players any ways, and sending that quest reward to their main before starting again.

There are ways to prevent abuse, like limit how new a player must be to send gems (limit by PH, not by time, or a clever user could create a farm of alt accounts and then start sending them once they have enough time). Or by requiring you to have purchased gems at least one time to be able to send them to another account (this would allow for about 20% extra gems to a user who makes an alt, buys gems on it, and then sends the batch to their main, but it would reduce it). Or by adding a tax on the gems in a form of a postage fee or something.

It would certainly be nice and useful, as long as it isn't prone to abuse.

Kamikazemug and Robin Blood like this.
  3. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

I think this would work perfectly if midoki only allowed people to send gems that were actually purchased. And could be a huge revenue stream for them too! I know about half my guild spends money on gems. And half don't. The half that don't probably never will. The half that does spend, usually have pretty deep pockets and would be willing to give gifts and would buy gems just for this reason...

4. Jonesy

Jonesy Crew

This.

5. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Great idea!! In the past, I've sent photos of itune cards to fellow guild mates. But being able to hit a button and just send in game would be so much easier. Not to mention, many would not give a second thought to throwing 20-30 gems to a fellow guild mate. I have little doubt it would increase revenue for Midoki.

Skye likes this.
  6. Cap'nSmellyBeard

Cap'nSmellyBeard First Mate

+1 I like it! Sharing is caring, eh?

Kamikazemug and Jonesy like this.
  7. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

Be sure to [Like] my original post too guys! Maybe that will give the original post more attention. Don't I get a rank bump with a zillion likes around here?

8. Skye

Skye Commodore

It goes off trophy points, I forget if its 143 or 164 to be commodore. I think it takes 1000 likes?

9. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

It would be some work to program the two gem systems in (blue as game earned and pink for purchased...?) but this would be a system that could actually work!

If you make it so that the game earned gems AND THE 20% discount gems CANNOT be transferred... 100% fail save system I believe! Let me know if you guys know any cracks.

I would definitely donate some gems to starting players to help them up the ladder faster. This would make my gem levels drop faster so I would need to BUY MORE GEMS SOONER... Arrrrgggg! No that's a good extra gem spending methods!

@Lynsey [Midoki] any thoughts on the subject?

10. Wilkopuppy

Wilkopuppy Crew

I would like a gem donation option but only the the Captain and the Quartermasters would be able to do it. I guess this comes from my perspective of being the captain of a lower rank guild that is trying to get better. It seems I kick newbies every couple of days when they download the game, join the guild, then stop playing. We're lucky if 5% of the new players make it to PH 5. I would like the option of the guild leadership being able to reward new player's effort in rumbles or funding by being able to send them some gems. I guess it might not be what the power guilds would be looking for but I think it would help guilds like mine that are trying to grow but find it hard to get new players to stick around. All I can do now is donate pirates and they need the guild ship first so I can even do that. In the end troop donation isn't a big enough incentive. I think if the guild leadership wants to donate gems they've purchased to promising new members to try to help motivate them I think it would help.

Ian, Skye and Super-Nor like this.