The app crashes after the update on iPhone while opening...

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Super evil mega corp., Aug 19, 2015.

1. As the title says the app crashes (iPhone 6+) whenever I try to open it... Is anyone else experiencing this issue???

2. Pirate!

Pirate! Crew

Not sure if this is what you mean, but I can't get into the game even. The splash screen loads and says "connecting to server" with status bar at about 60%, but doesn't go anywhere from there on iPhone 6 or iPad 4.

This happened last night, too, before the update. Not sure what's up.

Update: specifically hangs about 1/3 through at end of "loading game", then it stops and doesn't go farther than, " connecting to server" at about 60%.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  3. Nope that's not the problem with me... The app just crashes as soon as it launches (I had tried to launch the app 3 times and it crashed each time... Though it started the 4 time I had tried to launch it)... And this thing is happening after the update... There is no loading screen or anything...I hope that I am not the only one with this problem...

4. Ian

Ian Commodore

Did you update the App for the App Store?

5. Nix

Nix Powder Monkey

I play with my two boys. I use Android. Boys use iPads. All games updated yesterday. All devices crashing when attempting to connect to server.

6. Skye

Skye Commodore

I have not had this problem, but try reinstalling the app! That fixes crashes and bugs a lot of times :)

Super evil mega corp. likes this.
  7. Nix

Nix Powder Monkey

I'd like to reinstall the app, but I don't have the share code that will enable me to continue my existing game. Any ideas?

8. Skye

Skye Commodore

If you're connected to your gamecenter or google play account, that should let you continue if you have to reinstall, but check with Midoki first!

9. Rico

Rico Powder Monkey

I've not been able to access the game since last night, it crashes on the "connecting to server" part of the loading page, can a developer answer that this will be fixed soon!!!!!!!

10. @Ian I hav obviously updated app through App Store...
    @Skye Tried to reinstall the app, but it's still crashing (though the intensity of the crashes is less... It's crashes 2 times before starting instead of 3)...

11. Ian

Ian Commodore

The only suggestion then would be is to contact @Lynsey [Midoki] for assistance. as you seem to have covered all the usual 'fixes'

12. Bear

Bear Commodore

13. Bear

Bear Commodore

Lynsey can't fix everything. Lol

Super evil mega corp. and Skye like this.
  14. Ian

Ian Commodore

Thanks @Bear, was definately the better response..

15. Wolverine7

Wolverine7 Powder Monkey

I have not been able to play Plunder Pirates on my iPad for 12 hours now, crashes when loading at contacting server.

16. Skye

Skye Commodore

Is your ios up to date? you could try restarting your device completely. "try turning it off and on again"

She can! But not all at once :c I think we overwork her here.

17. Thanks guys for ur responses... I had reset the devices settings and am not having any problem now... I think it could also help you @Rico @Pirate! @Nix @Wolverine7 ... Just go in setting then general then reset and finally reset all settings... Hope this helps (it's for iOS devices)...

18. MikeLTT

MikeLTT Powder Monkey

@Pirate! have you solved your Problem? I have the same Issues since yesterday! We were in the middle of a Rumble......

19. Pirate!

Pirate! Crew

Yes, I reset my network settings based on the above responses and that seems to have taken care of it. Sorry, should have said something sooner.

20. Am happy that it worked for you:):):)...