The capt abandoned ship

Discussion in 'Guild Improvements' started by Sweets, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Sweets

Sweets Powder Monkey

hello,
    I'm not in this situation but I did see it a few times when I was guild shopping. There are guilds where the capt has been idle for hundreds of days but the guilds were well organized and sll friends and didn't want to disband. Couldn't you guys do something about guild that have been abandoned by capt after so many days? I mean, the poor guys couldn't rumble or anything, up until the rumble update they didn't think it mattered. They can't chat around to agree to move because the game lacks that feature. So, maybe if the capt is gone for say 150 days another member can become the capt or something? Not sure how many guilds are like that, but I found three, and they had like 30+ people in them.

2. Ian

Ian Commodore

Unfortunately this happens from time to time. But a good guild will work together even without the Captain. Good luck with it all...

3. Bear

Bear Commodore

Just start a new guild and have everyone join it. Lots of people on the forums have some this. It might seem like a hassle. But it's worth it in the long run.

4. Bards Tale

Bards Tale Powder Monkey

Question along this topic. My second account was captain of a guild and I thought when I left the guild it would disband, instead someone else got the captain hat. I had set the guild to closed as we were trying to move everyone to another guild that we merged with. Finally I decided to leave as the remaining players were inactive. I put in a support ticket to ask the guild be disbanded but I haven't heard anything yet. I'd like to disband it as the name is a sister to the main guild and I'd like to retain the name for future expansion. Any suggestions? I'm hoping to hear from support but it's been a few days already.

5. Ian

Ian Commodore

Unfortunately as long as the CaptIn is 'active' he/she controls that guild and as such I do not expect Midoki to take any action. If the Captain is inactive for a few weeks then the Guild ceases to be seen on any search request and as such they will not receive any new members.

Captains when closing a guild are usually last one out; kicking all remaining members and closing the guild behind them when they leave. Having said that, there is nothing stopping anyone creating a guild with a similar or even the same name as any existing guild.

Unfortunately, I feel there is nothing that can be done and hope that those inactive members remain inactive and the guild just disappears.

6. Bards Tale

Bards Tale Powder Monkey

Thanks Ian for the info. There were only 6 players in the guild when I left so hopefully they'll just leave on their own if they're active. I didn't know that the guild would stop appearing in searches if the captain is inactive.

Sea Patriot likes this.
  7. Ian

Ian Commodore

Sea Patriot likes this.
  8. Poppa Bob

Poppa Bob Crew

Quartermasters can start rumbles.

But what a great way to "scuttle the ship" so to speak. Kick all three quartermasters and then leave yourself. Brilliant!!

9. Omar Ceceña

Omar Ceceña First Mate

Lol:p:D:eek:

10. Floki

Floki Captain

Sweets I have a nice warm island but i'm completely untrustworthy.:D

Ian likes this.
  11. Ian

Ian Commodore

I think this applies to @Floki

[​IMG]

MorganFlint likes this.