The Devil's Grin currently recruiting serious gamers (new & pro)!

Discussion in 'Recruitment' started by Dead3eD, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Dead3eD

Dead3eD Powder Monkey

2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Nice graphic man. Good luck on the recruitment

Dead3eD likes this.
  3. Dead3eD

Dead3eD Powder Monkey

Thanks mate, took a little bit of time to do but hopefully it'll be worth it.

4. Good luck indeed, the forum is a tough place to recruit..

5. Dead3eD

Dead3eD Powder Monkey

Kind of ironic, a recruitment forum being a tough place to find new members. Lol. It can be competitive but it's just about seeking out cool like-minded people who want to game on :) Thanks for the luck.

6. Meaning in my experience I find it hard to find quality players on the forum. But we are looking for pirate rank 300+ and that makes it tough to find people here..

7. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I'd say its a problem of too many captains in the forums and not enough crew:)

8. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

Hah, I have been tempted to bail, but my wife is in the guild and my first mate so I don't wanna get my arse kicked ;)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
    The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  9. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

lol if you bail just bring her with

10. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

She is errr, not a very serious player, where I can be one (sorry @Dead3eD, don't wanna hijack your post, but at least it keeps it on top)

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  11. Dead3eD

Dead3eD Powder Monkey

I knew that would be the case, almost everyone (no matter which MMO) joins or starts an alliance/clan/guild once they reach a certain level. Though I am still fairly new to Pirates I would be contented having a guild of newbs - learn as you go and share with the group type of deal.

12. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

Eventually things will form up...Still a very new game.

13. Dead3eD

Dead3eD Powder Monkey

All good Gristle, I like being on top (that's what she said). But just on that, I find the main reason I'll keep playing any MMO is because of the people I meet in an alliance. I feel that once I've begun to make friends I'm less likely to stop playing and it's a strange mixture of gaming and cyber social life.

14. Dead3eD

Dead3eD Powder Monkey

Indeed, the world release was only recently? Before it was just Canada?

15. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

Agreed, 75% gaming fun and 25% social...kicking arse as a team!

16. Dead3eD

Dead3eD Powder Monkey

That is a huge problem I see cross a collection of games. There must be a solution otherwise all you get is thousand of dead clans with just one leader (and how can you be a leader if there is nobody to lead? Seriously.)

17. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

Sweep dead clans...no activity for 15 days and dissolve the clan...

18. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

If things don't work out @Dead3eD AtariGeneration would be happy to have you. hopefully it works out for you though, it can be frustrating. From what I've noticed, once you hit a threshold population of about 16 or 17, you'll see a huge spike in memberships

19. Dead3eD

Dead3eD Powder Monkey

It's a good idea, but one I'm sure the programmers would never implement. Too many solo leaders would just keep restarting their guild.

20. Dead3eD

Dead3eD Powder Monkey

Thanks Gangrene, we'll see what happens. I obviously can't keep to a one person guild so if things don't work out I'll take you up on your offer. Its the whole snowball effect, once you begin to grow there comes a point where you're just the right size and players begin to respect that and want in.