The Future of PP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oak Island, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

Good evening @Lynsey [Midoki] - I was hoping you could speak a little about what the future holds for this long running game? Y’all at Midoki must have some long-term ideas and plans, so is there anything at all you can share? Perhaps there will be a new PH coming down the line? Any chance we may see some new buildings? Perhaps a hospital for troops that stay alive during a battle? Perhaps we will eventually see the ability to share materials and resources between guild members? Or some type of materials market for players to buy and sell materials between each other? A new map would be cool, even though I know it’s extremely hard to create. New troops or LPs? Maybe some new defenses? I certainly don’t expect you to explain all of your long term plans by any means, I’m just honestly curious what the future holds for PP. I know there’s a new event coming at some point, which is great, and hopefully that happens soon! Any update on that?

Cheers and thank you!

-Oak

2. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

The next update is currently being worked on, and will contain a new Pirate Hall and a new event. We're also performance testing things like increasing the size of the guild island so that we can increase the number of existing defences (so people finally have a solid reason to change their layout ;)), and a brand new defence (not in the next update though).

Materials/resource exchange is highly unlikely to come in any time soon, as it would involve reworking the entire economy to compensate for materials/resources being easier to get (and also working out ways to stop players moving gold/grog around in guilds to stop it from being looted).

3. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I appreciate the level of detail you provided here, and what you said about the resources exchange makes sense. Also, I am happy to see you mention people changing layouts! Haha! It’s getting very repetitive out there! Haha! Also excited to see the new event and defense coming, at some point.

Cheers!

-Oak

4. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Nice to see an update in works :)

Hawkbeard likes this.
  5. pete

pete Powder Monkey

Is there a approximately date or season time that this new ph will appear? :p

6. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

@pete Midoki refrains from providing expected dates for plan upgrades or additions. Past history has shown cosmic forces come into play, creating a proportional relationship between anticipation of announced upgrade and likelihood of unforeseen events causing a delay, anytime an expected date is announced. At which point, the usual handful of visitors on this sleepy forum somehow transforms into masses of pitchfork wielding lunatics, void of logic and civility, demanding blood while burning an effigy of Lynsey.

7. DKPackerfan

DKPackerfan Powder Monkey

In the next update can you please do three things
    1. Change the magnificent strongbox back to giving materials I am sick of getting all six outfits. This is really annoying
    2. Add the southern sea
    3. Get the boats and creatures we battle on the seas back to giving materials, enough with the gold grog and ep points. We have plenty of ways to get those things and ep points are worthless

8. Lynsey [Midoki]

1. As previously mentioned, all levels of the Magnificent Strongbox give materials - it's just that for some levels the drop rate is lower than we'd like. This'll be sorted in the next update.

2. Not the next update, sorry!

3. Drop rates on sea battles haven't changed in a couple of years, and materials have always been rarer drops. And although you don't value the resources listed, many other players do, and EP is useful for perk funding, upgrading the lighthouse and guild perk buildings. Sorry, these won't be changing anytime soon. ;)

Hawkbeard likes this.
  9. pete

pete Powder Monkey

I cannot say a word after your comment @Spongee ..well said . I will keep upgrading my walls for now :)

Sea Patriot likes this.
  10. Hawkbeard

Hawkbeard First Mate

thanks for the update @Lynsey [Midoki].

Hope they new layout and new defence weapon will make defending your base better, currently the top people walk through like walls are made of sand and the priest can take out most of the defences as her range is so large causes defence weapons to be pointless, especially when you can have one of your own and pair with a gs, meaning sometimes your weapons dont even get to fire for very long before being wiped out.

11. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

Yes @Hawkbeard i completely agree. It almost seems like some players have stronger bombers.. and troops in general for that matter. Like the flame gates they walk through hardly hurt them and then the bombs they throw plow right through. Where mine literally melt like a snowball in hell. I’m honestly starting to wonder if certain players have somehow hacked the game. Just 5 minutes ago I was attacking someone and my troops started dying for no reason at all... just standing there, not being shot, just dying.. I even through a WD in there, resurrected the dead troops, and they instantly died again!! Like W...T...F... is that!???!! Also, how do some players literally walk straight into the GPs and lose minimal troops, then whenever I try to do it my troops die in 1 round of shooting!?!? There’s literally something not right here. I’ve mentioned the troops dying off for no reason before and obviously nothing was done about it. Makes me think even more so about people somehow hacking the game. It was clearly a very specific spot my troops were dying at, so it’s really starting to add up in my mind. Hey @Lynsey [Midoki] - do you have any comments about this?

Thanks,

-Oak

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    850arrr likes this.
  12. Lynsey [Midoki]

When this happens it's because the troops are taking fire from a defensive unit (cannon, gun tower, etc), but you can't tell because the projectiles aren't being drawn - this especially happens when maxed out large bases are being played on older devices, or devices with a lot of other stuff running in the background - you may also sometimes notice base unit health bars not being drawn. More rarely you can get a mismatch between what you're seeing on screen and what's actually happening due to connection issues on older devices, but that's pretty uncommon.

I seriously doubt people are hacking the game - we have very robust server verification for troop and defensive building data, so it shouldn't be possible to upload false figures without setting off all kinds of alarms and being booted off the server. Obviously we encourage you (and anyone else) who suspects dodginess to report suspect battles via the in-game support tool, with the time of the battle, and name/guild of the opponent, just in case though.

Usually the outcome of these sorts of queries are:

- The attacking opponent had a Legendary Pirate with an Outfit that buffed particular pirates
    - The attacking opponent had active streak buffs that buffed particular pirates
    - The attacking opponent had multiple well placed Witch Doctors
    - Combination of the above
    - The defending opponent had a defending Legendary Pirate that buffs particular defensive units

It's also worth noting that some troops, such as the juggernaut, don't take damage from defensive units that do AOE damage, such as the mortar and the ground pounder, if they're trained to a particular level.

There is also an occasional bug (we think!) where guild perks aren't correctly applied - this has been reported by quite a few people, but despite our best efforts over the last few years, we've not been able to reproduce it, or track down what could be causing it! So if you ever feel that you've had a few battles where your troops seem unusually flimsy, that could be the reason... or you could just be having an off day!

850arrr and Oak Island like this.
  13. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

Ok @Lynsey [Midoki] - first thank you for the reply. I truly do appreciate it. I have a couple comments, of course, and a possible answer to my particular question from earlier. In regards to my troops dying without being shot, this is actually true. The defenses on this particular battle were nearly completely wiped out, and the ones that were left were nowhere near my troops. However, there was a flame gate left, OUTSIDE of the base, nowhere near my troops, going off like crazy as my pirates stood in 1 particular spot. When watching the replay, it is clear to see this particular flame gate is roasting my pirates even though they are nowhere near it. It is quite obvious. Now, is this a hack, or a glitch, I cannot say. If it were a glitch, you would think more players would be experiencing this and it could perhaps be replicated by your team. I would also think if it were a glitch, it would likely happen more often. Now, forgive me for saying this but, it’s quite ignorant to think your servers are strong enough to keep hackers out. Tell that to the US government, or perhaps equifax, or any other of the giant hacks that have happened in the not too distant past. Now, is it foolish and a waste of time to hack a game like this, definitely- in my opinion for sure! But is there someone out there who has the ability- also definitely, yes. I would be far from shocked if there are players in this game smart enough to do such things, granted they have the time, energy, and will to do so. Finally, I am very surprised to hear that juggernauts do not take damage from AOEs... If this is true, it is certainly not being applied to my juggernauts.

I will close by saying that I will submit a ticket for my particular battle issue, and hopefully y’all will actually be able to fix it! I have submitted tickets in the past and never received a reply or anything at all about the ticket. Is there a way for me to find out what happens with this issue? I would love to hear a follow up on this.

Thanks again!

-Oak

850arrr and Intimidator like this.
  14. Lynsey [Midoki]

That's why I said 'Shouldn't be possible' and encouraged you to send a ticket if you spot someone you suspect of cheating. We know that people try (and fail), and no server security is 100% uncrackable. However, we've had no indication that anybody has tried to compromise our servers, and any 'dodgy' battles that have been reported over the last few years have all been legitimate.

I do recall your flame gate ticket now you mention it (you had a video of the replay, IIRC?), I'll see if I can dig up what the result of it was!

15. pete

pete Powder Monkey

Ghost flame gate is very popular in the game, its so popular that your just lucky if you attack a high rank base and no ghost flame is there... 5/10 high rank base has a ghost flame near the ph..been asking that question on slack chatroom and got pretty much the same feedback from other player. Its a bug in the game

850arrr likes this.
  16. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

I saw Oak's replay and his troops were near the PH when it occurred, just like you stated, they just melted with no other defenses around, none.

pete likes this.