the resurrected dead should have a spot in the voodoo hut

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by DamianWars, Aug 13, 2015.

1. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

The resurrected dead are just skeletons that seemingly share the same abilities regardless of what level you are. I know you can't recruit these skeletons but it would be fun to have a spot for them in the voodoo hut so you can increase their abilities like the rest of the pirates. I know you don't actually spend money on these skeletons so I'm not sure where the costs would be absorbed but maybe just have very minimal stuff to keep it more interesting but fair.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    CerealKillerBowl and Raptelan like this.
  2. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Agree.
    Abilities? Oh well, one could give them a "Voodoo charged" ability (activate from a skeleton profile that pops up once they are revived) which allows them to erm, err, have a ranged weapon? ie. they could throw their head at the building and it would boomerang back (credits to whoever posted it in the forum).

3. Skye

Skye Commodore

I like the idea of upgrading the resurrected skeletons, although it might be more in line to have the witch doctor upgrade tree have abilities that improve the quality of the upgraded skeletons, and then increased cost/time would be factored into him.

Also I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure that larger units resurrect as larger skeletons with more hp than smaller units, but I could be completely wrong. I've seen some skeletons last a lot longer than others though, in terms of how many direct hits with a GP it took to take them down., and that explanation seemed to make sense.

CerealKillerBowl likes this.
  4. Bear

Bear Commodore

Nope, all resurrect equally

5. Bear

Bear Commodore

I like more of skye's idea. Let it be part of the WD tree. Or maybe not skills to learn, but just simply that higher lvl WD resurrect stronger skellies.

6. sdofigew

sdofigew Powder Monkey

You could almost put it in skellywag tree as well. Since skellywag ressurect as skellywags an advanced version could be all units revive as a half lvl skellywag

7. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

If a new skeleton tree was formed it could be an off shoot from the WD so whatever advancements are made it would increase the cost of the WD. Although the WD has had some trouble keeping its price down so this might not be a fan favourite. Having its own tree however would mean both skeleton and WD can be developed at the same time and there would be no risk of locking out outher WD advancements if your not interested in improving the skeletons.

8. Bear

Bear Commodore

But if it is just a scaled improvement based on the WD level then it requires less work to implement. No new UI to develop. No cost increase for the WD.

Skye likes this.
  9. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

yeah but it's less fun, however you're probably right.