The (un)official Movie & TV Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by Big Booty Beaches, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Big Booty Beaches

Big Booty Beaches Powder Monkey

Good morning everyone.

I would love to hear what people are watching, or what people think of movies in theatres or even a review of a classic that some people may not have seen.

IT IS IMPORTANT TO BOTH BE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS AND NOT RUIN THEIR VIEWING EXPERIENCE; IF YOUR POST HAS SPOILERS, PLEASE START THE POST BY TAGGING:
    *** SPOILER ALERT ***

The most recent movie that I watched was Drive with Ryan Gosling. It's not new by any means, but I hadn't seen it before and had heard a lot about it. I can say with confidence that you shouldn't watch the movie if you're really young, or if you have a short attention span. It's a drama with a slow-to-develop storyline, but very much well worth a watch.

Ryan Gosling, as always, is stellar, but more importantly I can't think of a movie in the world with a better soundtrack. I could listen to it all day. I am right now!

What have you seen recently?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  2. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Watching Vikings atm --- Best series today by far ---- though its not a movie but whatever:)

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  3. Big Booty Beaches

Maybe Chris can change the title to "The (un)official Movies and TV Discussion Thread haha. I haven't seen vikings, but I've heard it's quite good. Have you watched all of Game of Thrones, and would you say it's better?

4. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Of course I can :) One thing to remember there though people, no SPOILERS!! I'm only half way through GoT season 4 ;)

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  5. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I really don't get GoT, I don't understand all the hype. I think its too slow

6. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

You guys ever seen Prison Break? Great show..still going through it on Netflix.

Also..grats on 600 Chris!

7. Big Booty Beaches

Thank Chris. I will put something in the intro post about spoilers I think to keep it fair. Also EK, you're nuts. Game of Thrones is amazing. It's not meant to be an all action type show like I have heard Vikings is. I suppose to each their own. The plot twists that come out of nowhere keep me hooked!

As to Prison Break, I haven't seen it no. I used to watch a prison show called "Oz", and I don't think any other prison show will compare now.

8. Pirate Fear

Pirate Fear First Mate

I personally think Prison Break is great for an amount of episodes...now it is fairly boring to me.

9. AngryBeard

AngryBeard Community Manager

Watching "The Knick" right now. It's about a hospital in New York at the end of the 19th century. The main character is played by Clive Owen and its a high quality production in general!

10. I'm still moaning that I watched all episodes of series I liked on Netflix.. I can't bear it anymore guys.. Just.. Just leave me here.. *tragic music playing in the background*

11. SirVin

SirVin First Mate

Who Watches GoT And Plz No Spoilers Bc I Just Started Watching GoT

12. Captain Didwell

Captain Didwell First Mate

I watched this movie and it really happen in real life.:cool:.. . .I have some experienced of being chased. And I survived!

13. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Vikings is awesome. I love that they (somewhat) follow the mythos of Ragnar.
    I also religiously watch
    Sons of Anarchy
    Game of Thrones
    The Walking Dead
    Doctor Who
    Bones
    Top Gear
    Cutthroat Kitchen
    Archer
    Justified

Other shows I like but may miss an episode here and there...

14. Captain Didwell

o_O. . . . Watching while plundering seems happening there. .
    By the way I watch The Walking Dead too and Spartacus.

15. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Arrow is also quite nice:) There is a season 3 now.

16. Captain Didwell

Yeah, Arrow is also cool. Green Arrow is one of my idol. But bad for me, my laptop is broken. That's why I stopped watching.:(

17. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

Saw 'Gone Girl' yesterday with the wife (now she has more ideas...). It was good, and the Cliche? Read the book, it is better.

Just started 'The Blacklist' season 1 and finishing up The Walking Dead season 3

18. Stupid Fish

Stupid Fish First Mate

Is Flash on screen already, saw the trailer they even made Arrow and Flash met on one of the Flash episodes. For Arrow, looking forward they will have batman on the scripts too and the rest of JL

19. Captain Didwell

The crossover will be cool JL meetups. Can't wait to watch the episodes.

And Batman is the most dangerous villain if its happens. :cool: for sure.

20. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

The pilot was online for awhile. I think it started already here in the states.