The Witch Doctor Sucks!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by James Munro, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Until it's fixed, there are a few simple workarounds. Here's mine:

Drop 1-2 Juggs/Brutes in the pack of troops you want the WD to protect, and if you drop any Juggs/Brutes elsewhere, do that afterward, and spread them out as much as possible. Things can still go crazy, but this seems to work well enough.

2. Bear

Bear Commodore

I'm really having a lot of success with skellies. Just stop using juggs. I'm hitting bases from 600's all the way to 800's and I am winning more than I'm losing.

3. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

As the troops spread out the WD sticks with the jugg or brute and doesn't help the other huge pack of gunners or other troops. There isn't a simple work around that I have found other than not using juggs or brutes in my attacks and even then the WD gets all whacked trying to to find a healthy pirate to protect.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  4. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

how many skellys are you using?

5. Bear

Bear Commodore

6. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Fully trained to lvl 7 I presume. What's the rest of your crew consist of? Thanks btw for the breakdown.

7. Bear

Bear Commodore

Fully trained to voodoo hut 3.

20 skellies
    2 WD
    15 bombers
    8 sky raiders
    Rest guns
    I have the new tavern so 70 spaces plus 10 guns from the guild ship.

The only base this army is not good against is angle bases. And I lose to them more than win.

But earlier a beat a high ranking angle base with 62 skellies 4 WD 10 gunns on my ship. 2* win. (it was a playful revenge that I didn't expect to actually win. Leaving the person anonymous)

James Munro likes this.
  8. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

^^ holy cow that's a serious crew! Thanks for sharing.

Bear likes this.
  9. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Yea I've switched to using Skellies after watching a few Guildmates replays, taking out maxed bases nicely, until WD is fixed my old crew is not new WD AI friendly.

10. grahvity

grahvity Crew

Came here looking for answers and glad I'm not the only one finding this new AI unwanted. I've been sending my 100,000+ grog witch doctor in later and later only to find him scurrying towards the front line and getting killed in the second wave of mortar rounds. Make him tougher or allow him to drop back. He doesn't need to be at the center of the melee.

850arrr and James Munro like this.
  11. I've retired the WD now in favour of skelly's. Goodbye old friend. May you find eternal rest in the midoki afterlife.