Themed islands

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by DamianWars, Dec 15, 2014.

1. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

it was cool to see a special Halloween button that switched your island into a Halloween theme. Using that same idea it would be cool to have a collection of themes that a user could choose that would suit them best. You could monetize it by offering a core set for free but then have a bunch of others at a cost. You can keep adding to the collection to keep it fresh and so people will buy more. This would help give islands a unique feel and look that fits the personality of the gamer plus keep the game fresh.

2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

What kind of themes are you thinking?
    Only one problem comes to mind - the size of the game file might get a bit large. As long as they could institute the changes and keep the file size relatively small, then it could certainly be successful. (As long as enough pirates show interest in the feature :))

3. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I'd think something like maybe just choosing colors and minor tweaks to the buildings, or decorations, i.e. Victorian theme: I see a red roof and i want it painted black....along with everything else.

It couldn't be too extreme, or attackers would need all 15 seconds just to figure out what each building is.

Bear likes this.
  4. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

"I see a red roof and want to paint it black"

What you did there. I see it. :)

Bear and Kelani like this.
  5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I figured you might. :) Most of the other sub-40 year olds in the forum will be like:

:confused: I don't get it?

6. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

yeah that's all I was thinking. definitely buildings still need to be identifiable otherwise people will get confused and start attacking the wrong things. Exactly what we saw for halloween would be a bit of what I mean and perhaps changing colours of the buildings could be another example. Kike maybe some kind of candy theme where the existing decorations would utilize various candies and maybe buildings would be more pastel colours. Also the lighting/weather could change like for example sunset/sunrise, starry nights, rain... etc....

BTW "painted black" is a fairly well covered song among some newer bands I think younger audiences will get it too.

7. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Sounds great to me. :) I'll add this to the General Improvements Master List. Also, I know night/day and changing weather are planned, so this idea combined with that could be pretty darn cool.

Ah, cover songs. *slaps forehead* You are correct.:) Were it not for those, youngerKel never would have discovered Pink Floyd.

8. Bear

Bear Commodore

Kelani and Gangrene Beard like this.