Thief shouldn't avoid diagonal wall breaches

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by WinstonCOV, Mar 14, 2016.

1. WinstonCOV

WinstonCOV First Mate

Thieves tend to only go the optimal path to resources when the wall has been breached in a strait, sequential path. If the wall has multiple layers, and the wall is breached diagonally, the thieves will not take the optimal path diagonally. I can't understand this.

In some instances, my thieves have gone all around the base to an openning, and then run all the way back to the initial target instead of just going through the zig zag. @Lynsey [Midoki] are you aware of this, and is there anything in the works to get this ironed out? Thanks!

2. Tottok

Tottok Crew

Te AI sometimes is so bad, I feel you, but not only thieves has problems, most of the troups act stupid in some situations, but as Lyns said, they are aware but can't improve the AI because iPhone 4 can't handle more proccesing and every device is stuck on iphone 4 capability.

3. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

Like every game you have to work with the given ai.

I am wondering how many devices are iPhone 4...
    I guess there are far too many to call it quits though;)

4. Skye

Skye Commodore

Its the iPhone 4S that is holding them back, I think the normal iPhone 4 isn't supported.
    However, there isn't an easy way to strip just 4S support, even if not many use it - they would have to limit it by iOS version to an iOS that doesn't support it anymore, and there are too many people on newer devices using the older iOS.

What I've seen other games do is allow the 4S to technically install it, but put a description in the app store/update log that the game requires 512MB of RAM to play, and that older devices like the 4S will not work. The 4S can install it but it will just crash instantly, perhaps with an error message first warning the user their device isn't supported. I'm not sure if its a good solution or one I'd advise them to take (especially if it puts them at risk of the app not being approved for an update), but its technically an option (I could give examples, but I don't exactly want to advertise other apps on a different game's forum).

As soon as they do find a way to enforce better minimum hardware requirements, I'm sure there will be better optimizations to pathfinding made that make troop behavior less quirky. Plus new features and higher troop/building limits!

5. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate