[Thief]-Why you should not upgrade "Who Goes There?"

Discussion in 'Battle Strategies' started by Roserio, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Roserio

Roserio First Mate

Check out the special skill of the Thief called "Who Goes There?" in real battle, and how it works, and how it's canceled.

Do you think it's worth upgrading it? Find it out yourself!

Please vist the following youtube channel to view more Tips & Strategies
    and Subscribe the channel for your convenience of update notice!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDnavRl81IuyYrGRFzJJRcw

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  2. Pirate Bee

Pirate Bee First Mate

I have seen this crew used very effectively with this ability. I wouldn't count him out yet.

3. Roserio

Roserio First Mate

I agree, but all my video is about, if you have the same money, it's better to invest somewhere more efficient

4. Groggy

Groggy Powder Monkey

Is the ability supposed to cancel out as soon as the thief encounters a wall? That's not mentioned in the description (which says enemy fire or water), but it's what happens - not sure if it's a bug, or an incomplete description in the game, or if the ability only lasts for a certain number of seconds and just happens to expire as soon as they attack something.

5. Roserio

Roserio First Mate

it's canceled when it arrives and to hit the storages

6. Skull Bozu

Skull Bozu Powder Monkey

But it works great once there's a crack in the wall and the brutes are hard at work.

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  7. Its a bad description of their ability, I spent a tone of grog leveling up my Accademy and then getting the ability for them and as soon as you hit something they become visible? What a waste of time and grog, the way it should work is they're invisible for however many seconds unless they go into the water or step in line of a shot aimed at a different troop type by mistake as that is how I perceive the translation of this skill as do most other players thus this thread was created!

Sweets likes this.
  8. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Just to clarify for other readers. WGT is canceled as soon as the Thief attacks anything, not just collectors/storage. So, if they attack a wall to get to a resource, that will also cancel it.

Definitely not a fan of that. I don't think anyone is, really.

Sweets likes this.
  9. Roserio

Roserio First Mate

thanx for your comment, i'll look in to it

10. QueenCandy

QueenCandy Powder Monkey

Did you call the thief pirate, HIM???

11. Roserio

Roserio First Mate

OOOPS ^^;; DID I?

QueenCandy likes this.
  12. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

13. Ashraman

Ashraman First Mate

I disagree with the OP. I have been using five Thieves with all upgrades through Academy 5 as part of my standard team for awhile now. I don't ever unleash the Thieves until after the walls have been breached in at least one place. The ability works as it should, I think. If the Thief remained invisible while attacking resources, it would be overpowered.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  14. Lol good catch ...and yes it would be overpowered , what would the counter to not seeing her attacking be?

donkeykilla likes this.
  15. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Thief vision? Maybe? :p

16. Hmmm like a Captains telescope on top of PH' crows nest...call it spy glass perk , but then they will have a counter to that counter.:confused:

17. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

The counter would be the invisibility expiring after 3-5 seconds of attacks. This way, the thief would at least get a little bit of loot (and not much at that) before being splattered.

18. Midleton

Midleton Crew

Isn't the sign of a good thief to steal without getting caught?

I'm just thinking out loud since I'm trying to improve farming without expensive troops...

19. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Anyway, WGT is gone...