This shouldn't happen. Can we please get smarter Brutes.

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Burnz, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Burnz

Burnz Captain

So I just had a huge fail with brutes and thought I would share my frustration and to let people know that even though you blow a hole in someones walls, the brutes will avoid it.

So here I am looking at the base and I'm thinking it's a pretty gonna be a close raid.

Ok, so I will release my Jugs and a bomber to get a hole in the base.
    [​IMG]

Sweet, there is a hole
    [​IMG]

I release the Brutes above it so that they will walk through it. The Jugs are distracting a lot of the defensive fire so they should be able to do some damage before taking any.
    [​IMG]

Ok, funny joke Brutes, head back to the hole. As you can see they walked halfway down the walls of the base. The destroyed buildings were destroyed by my bombers that I release after my brutes.
    [​IMG]

Are you kidding me, All the way down to the bottom.
    [​IMG]

Eventually they make it to the bottom of the base and the few that are still alive start heading back to the top of the base. They don't get far into the base though. I'm not gonna post any more pictures because my point has been made.

Needless to say, but I will anyways, the raid failed hard. Like off a cliff, while managing to hit every single boulder on the way down. Next time I come across a base like this, I will let the brutes get hit by the Ships cannons, but I'm sure they will just try to break through a wall instead of going to the hole.

Anyways, this should not happen with brutes.

And Shadow Stalker, well played on using the brutes stupidity with your base design.

Evil Rastlin likes this.
  2. Skye

Skye Commodore

I think the brutes are too fat to squeeze between the side of the ship and the rest of the walls :p

The edge of the ship counts kind of like a building, and they don't want to intersect it. I'd suspect juggs and h gunners would have the same issue.

Christy likes this.
  3. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Hmm, I didn't think that their size mattered. I figured that if 1 could go, they all could. Here is an image of my bombers making it through.

[​IMG]

I truly hope that size doesn't matter;) in PP.

4. Tex

Tex Commodore

Me Brute. Sorry me not too smart.
    [​IMG]

Skye and Evil Rastlin like this.
  5. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Shifted as this is probably related to the AI bug.

6. Christy

Christy Commodore

Lol. Maybe we can get a weigh loss center to send the bigger pirates to so they can squeeze into tighter spots :)

*Cap'n Sparkle* and Skye like this.
  7. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Yay, off to the land where no one sees it. I know this is bug related, but also wanted it to warn fellow players that the brutes won't go where they should and lose valuable PR.

Skye likes this.
  8. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Also, are all units considered the same size? and the below, while I know he was kidding, but it did make me wonder.

9. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

@Lynsey [Midoki]

I see stuff like this daily, and it affects brutes, juggs, bucs, gunners, WDs, Raiders, and probably the others. Basically, it happens when you have buildings lining either side of a long wall, like this:

|| = wall
    X/Y = Building/defense

Code:
    |||||||||
    4X || 4Y
    3X || 3Y
    2X || 2Y
    1X || 1Y
       ||
       ||
       ||

It always goes the same:

1. Troops destroy the first building (1X), Buildings 1Y and 2Y are out of range. So, instead of attacking 2X, they...
    2. walk around the bottom to the other side and attack 1Y. Again, instead of attacking 2Y, they...
    3. walk back around the bottom to the other side and attack 2X!

This back-and-forth continues until the troops are dead, or the buildings are destroyed. Guess which usually happens first. ;)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
    Becker Redbeard and Christy like this.
  10. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

This is why the JimmyM32 base has been so successful. Even if you blow a hole in the wall, the troops STILL won't go through. That layout is now beaten from other directions but that design should never have been as successful as it was.