Time it takes to upgrade utilities/buildings

Discussion in 'Build Improvements' started by Gingerbeard, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Gingerbeard

Gingerbeard Powder Monkey

Does anyone else feel that the time it takes to upgrade utilities or buildings (from lvl 5 upwards) is a bit extreme?? For example, I honestly believe that upgrading a grog distillery from lvl 8 to lvl 9 taking 36 hrs is a tad extreme. There needs to be a fairer level of incentive for those of us not willing to spend a cent of our hard earned to get Gems! Otherwise, players seem to lose interest pretty quick. Being Captain of a guild has shown me at least 3 examples of this happening.... Thoughts?

2. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I dont agree at all, when you get higher, it is supposed to take more time, have patience man. Otherwise people will be maxed within weeks if everything takes hours to complete and build. And I wouldn't say people lose interest, I get more attached to it since it feels like a ''journey'' if you know what I mean.

Bear and PlunderPirate like this.
  3. I currently have three buildings building/upgrading, stonemason (4 days), guntower to level 9 (4 days) and Piratecatcher (4 days). Well 4 days for a non Piratehall building is kinda my max. So i'm afraid of what the future holds. I have no idea how this is going to be..

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  4. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Yeah it's a bit high. If you consider similar games have 10 town hall levels then we are headed towards some staggering build times. Cannon's 12 days, gun towers 14 days, ph 21 days. Looks like that would be where these times will be at least. Much higher in fact if they follow the same pattern they have from 1-7.

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  5. They have build time perk that sorta helps come out then we will post needs to be lil bit faster still etc etc etc. I see the pattern to guess all games head that way :confused: But its a business getting gems to be bought to speed up to get things asap is main reason for things pays the bills.

6. Bear

Bear Commodore

For it being the current end game. I think it's fine.

Now if they release several new PH levels. and we are all trying to upgrade to PH 12 with a 3 week build time. That would be crazy..

My suggestion would be that a max build time be set at something like 14 days. Then as new updates are released scale back some of the lower level upgrades to take less time while the max upgrades taking longer.