Tips n Tricks for using the Sky Raider

Discussion in 'Battle Strategies' started by The Fish Eyed Pirate, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Post here your tips n tricks for using the sky raider.

First note: You have to launch them from the sea and they will parachute down into the enemy camp. But be aware of the flow of the wind (see flags) as they will drift in that specific direction

2. Not so good against three gun towers level 7 :p guess positioning them right so they drop next to a less protected mortar is a good strategy, and they can prove very useful
    I'm going to implement five of them in my build up

3. Kizmatti

Kizmatti First Mate

Havent had a chance to run them thru the paces yet, at work. I did try 1 run with them, which didnt turn out well. First impression is they seem situational. Tightly packed bases probably wont be worth using them.

I understand why there is a cap per use, imagine 65 of these with maxed out skills coming down on your base at 1 time. lol definately a beefy Buc thou once on the ground. Hope rain of fire turns them into a gunner on steroids.

Only thing I can say off hand I dont like is the 8 supply cap per raid on them. Seems a bit light given their durability on the ground. Thats just 1st impression thou.

Currently training Rain of Fire now

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  4. Christy

Christy Commodore

Ummmmm check wind direction before you deploy :D my first set flew out to sea and had to swim like crazy :oops::(o_O

5. Kizmatti

Kizmatti First Mate

I get the wind direction part. problem is when they land. Not much more then a Buc till fully upgraded.

Looks like they are supposed to take down cannons, being they get 2 damage increases towards them.

So to recap.... Unneed to fly them over mortars, and gun towers, andmland near a cluster of cannons.

Thats the ticket

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. and Christy like this.
  6. Christy

Christy Commodore

I can't seem to get them to land where I want. And they die fast :eek:

7. I'm upgrading them first, really want the "rain of fire" skill

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  8. J0ck0

J0ck0 First Mate

i like them a lot. i use eight of them in my build out. i drop them in the game once my "meat" troops (juggs or brutes) penetrate the base and start drawing fire. i try to deploy them so they hit a taller building like a castle as they float into the base, and then they drop down and attack the nearest defensive unit. i took out a mortar a couple times dropping them in like this. i'll have the rain of fire ability in a couple hours when i get home from work. i imagine they will be even better then. i love the diversity of troops that this game has. i was tired of the "let's release a different color/size troop" creativity in Samurai Siege. keep up the great work!

9. Those with rain of fire seem to say its ok :( And still weaker then a buc maxed? True?

Clash pirate and LadyoftheSea like this.
  10. Kizmatti

Kizmatti First Mate

I would get a good feel for dropping them into raids before you go nuts upgrading them. They become semi expensive upgraded.

They shoot just like a gunner nothing special about it. If their airtime was longer it might be cool, but they just drop to fast for it to matter.

Mine are upgraded thru lvl 5. Like Christy said in her post they die to easy, and you can't get them to drop within a decent point. It's not like I'm expecting to hit a bullseye either. Once they get so low, if their over a building they just drop right on it even thou they "could" fly over it.

Mine will be keeping the Thief warm on the shelf. Once my base is maxed I might play around a bit more.

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  11. Many saying same thing that have them upgraded, bit of let down...guess matter of opinion till they get them and see for them selfs .

Clash pirate and LadyoftheSea like this.
  12. Red Privateer

Red Privateer First Mate

So I'm currently shielded while I run through some troop upgrades, but I did try Sky Raiders on one of the Pirate Strongholds.

I can see why Midoki limited these units to eight per raid, but in the end, I don't think that really matters. Once they hit the ground, they are not much better than Buccaneers. Maybe Rain of Fire will be a game changer, maybe not -- I'll know when the shield comes down later on today. Otherwise, I'm sticking to Juggs, Brutes, Gunners, and a Witch Doctor.

13. Well sometimes they come in handy, but for farming I don't use them anymore. But the two times cannon crusher combined with there damage (when upgraded academy 5 max) seems pretty nice

14. Siren1873

Siren1873 Powder Monkey

I did that my first time, too.:oops:

LadyoftheSea and Christy like this.
  15. Red Privateer

Red Privateer First Mate

Yes, I can see they have some utility, but I'm in this for points now, and I'm not seeing all that many base designs that would be vulnerable to Sky Raiders

16. Roserio

Roserio First Mate

, and i'll upload a video who really used sky raider well recently :)

17. Kizmatti

Kizmatti First Mate

You have nice videos. Always nice to see it, rather than reading a post.

Thing I noticed thou is that base was already won before you dropped the sky raider in. In this particular video, what is the sky raider doing that a troop already deployed isn't going to do?

18. Red Privateer

Red Privateer First Mate

What buildings must an SR hit to drop?. Clearly your pirate hall, but what else?

19. Depending on it's height, but most big buildings like your tavern, voodoo hut academy and guildhall

20. Roserio

Roserio First Mate

it seems with certain height...like rums it's quite low, then SR will fly over