Toggle for All Icons Above Building

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Lord Gin, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Lord Gin

Lord Gin Powder Monkey

If there is an option in game settings, that switch off all icons appearing above building, would you like it? What are your thoughts?

For me, I just dont like seeing so many icons hovering around. These icons includes:
    - gold/grog collection
    - academy/voodoo hut training
    - tavern recruiting
    - guild perks funding
    - unit recall from ship

Any other supporters for this idea?

Kelani likes this.
  2. yeti

yeti Captain

Gold and grog come up too frequently for my liking, as has been raised before, and I could definitely live without the academy and voodoo hut train flag, but I'm cool with the perks...blink and you miss it anyway!

If there was a toggle, I would like to be able to select it by building type, not have all on or all off.

Kelani likes this.
  3. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

There is a feature on the list to increase the time (hopefully a lot) before the Collect icons appear, and also a Collect from All option. As for the other suggestions:

Collectors: They can go away. I'd like to be able to tap any collector and hit a Collect From All button, or double-tap a collector and have it done automatically.
    Train flags: I could definitely see hiding. They get in my way all the time. Just let us tap the darn building.
    Perks: I think need to stay, because unless someone shares the funding request in chat, and that player sees it, they may not know to fund.
    Recall from Ship: I don't think there's any other way to get the guys off your ship, except for this icon, but if there is, it can go away also.

I'll add this to the list today.

4. Bear

Bear Commodore

I don't have a link, but I suggested this icon only be accessible from the Exploration Map.

Kelani and yeti like this.
  5. yeti

yeti Captain

+ 1 for that. I have hit it by accident once or twice and lost the troops in my tavern

LYM likes this.
  6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Good idea. What about for convenience, also having an Unload button that appears with the other ship buttons when you select your ship from town? I'd hate to have to go to the Explore map just to unload my ship.

7. Bear

Bear Commodore

Yeah. That would do nicely.

8. Lord Gin

Lord Gin Powder Monkey

Resources: if there is a Collect All button in any of the resource building, I would think we can do away with flag
    Training: agreed, always get in the way in clicking surrounding building, and it's useless temporarily once we max out all tranings. Plus, traning button is not clicked that frequent, so dont really need a shorcut
    Perks: agreed on the reason why some would want it on, but would be great if given options to toggle off
    Recall from Ship: adding a recall button among other ship buttons does the trick. Agree with @yeti that I've lost too many good men by accidentally clicking it..

Hope that toggle off feature may come true :)

9. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I'm going to add it today, pretty far up the priority list.

10. Fyre

Fyre Powder Monkey

I'm fine with most icons, but the ones over the resource buildings ANNOY THE CRAP out of me. Doesn't have to go away entirely. Once an hour would be fine with me. And a big YES to collect all button. Can be when you tap pirate hall or any of the collectors.