Trav's Suggestions

Discussion in 'Guild Improvements' started by Travis, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Travis

Travis Powder Monkey

Hello,
    I've decided to get involved with the Plunder Pirates forum because I wanted to pass along a list of suggestions that me and my guild-mates have come up with. I'm doing my best to whittle down the list so I'm not repeating something I found via the search but if I've missed anything, please consider it further endorsement from the community for that request :)

1) Is it possible to allow players to change and save the default message when making pirate requests via the guild ship? For example, our guild has a mix of advanced and newer players. Understandably, some of the advanced players prefer not to receive low rank pirate donations, or specific pirate types, and it would be helpful if they could save a default message stating as such.

2) Is it possible to have the guild ship request disappear from the chat when the request is filled? It would help keep the chat tidy.

3) Is it possible to have the option to toggle responsibilities for various guild ranks on and off. I suspect most guilds would prefer to restrict the ability to promote/demote/kick players to a select few.

4) I suspect this has been brought up before but after digging through pages of threads I did not see if my particular take on it had been mentioned. I think it would be great to add a new general rank in the guild. The reason I say this is because there are now a lot of different ways that people can contribute to the guild (perks, pirate donations, rumble participation, boosting guild rank on leader boards, recruitment, being social in the chat) and so the spread of how one participates is much larger than it used to be when the initial three ranks (cabin boy, crew, first mate) were created. Can I humbly suggest one of the below formats? I'm going to assume that the current Quartermaster rumours are true and is essentially a co-leader (fantastic idea). This would allow the captain, in conjunction with my previous recommendation, to isolate those few players they trust with promotions, demotions, kicking, in one group while still allowing a degree of spread for the rest of the guild among the three lowest ranks.
    - Captain (one player), Quartermaster (one player), Mate, Veteran Mariner, Crew, Powder Monkey
    or maybe this...
    - Captain (one player), Quartermaster (one player), Officer, Mate, Crew, Powder Monkey

Anyway, thanks for reading all this and please forgive any repetition (I whittled this down from 10 points). This is a fantastic game and the Legendary Pirates update only raises the bar another notch. I really appreciate the effort that's been put into it.

Happy Plundering

2. Ian

Ian Commodore

Hi @Travis most of what you have suggested has already been suggested and is being considered and/or currently in the pipeline..