Treasure count bug or cheat?

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by MuadDib, Jun 27, 2015.

1. MuadDib

MuadDib Powder Monkey

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    defense journal says 1028644 gold, 954967 rum and 77% destroy (lose)
    battle video shows about 200k, gold 300k rum and 23% destroy (win)

2. Bear

Bear Commodore

The replays are incorrect. It's a long time bug. The log is always correct

3. Pretty amazing that even PH8 players still haven't discovered or heard from this bug eh?

4. Bear

Bear Commodore

Yup. Crazy.

5. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

More crazy is that it's still a bug - but can you imagine how much work it's going to be to fix replays to be 100% accurate?

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  6. yeti

yeti Captain

The game that shall not be mentioned has had 100% accurate replays from the start, as have all the other games of this genre I've played...can't be that hard...

Captain MetaTauta likes this.
  7. Thing is that they where designed differently. So in their code it might be easy. For Midoki they apparently just can't tweak the base code to be more like those (thank god probably). So they have to tweak there current code. And as you may have noticed that takes more trial and error and recoding then anybody expected. ;)

8. Bear

Bear Commodore

Still. Accurate replays are a basic function of this type of game. It should work. No matter what. I've been frustrated lately because my base was beat twice, but both replays show them failing. I can't properly tweak my base because I don't know what weakness causes the loss.

Captain MetaTauta likes this.
  9. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I think I might be happier if they replays were different every time i hit play. At least at that point I could cycle through all the possible outcomes

10. thomssi

thomssi First Mate

I hadn't checked but if replays don't vary it means any bug isn't random and narrows down errors to:

Recording troop placement incorrectly
    Ditto deployment time or skill activation time
    Using different ai code in replay and original fight

Lynsey said there were no random inputs so should know this anyway but consistency of errors at least narrows down their scope in how to fix it.

11. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Excellent point