Troop Deployment Improvements

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by Skye, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Skye

Skye Commodore

There are two parts to this:

First, the legendary pirate is selected by default (which makes sense, given its the leftmost pirate - its clean design), but that is difficult for players to retrain their muscle memory to adjust to. But if there is no legendary pirate, it seems to select guildship troops first (or so I'm told, I haven't used a single guildship troop in ages personally), which is a huge issue and makes no sense - they aren't the leftmost pirate in any regard.

To address both of these issues, I suggest that by default NO pirates are selected, and that at the start of the battle, it is impossible to deploy any troops without first selecting one. This way, no matter what, there can never be accidental deployment, as it forces every player to always select what they intend to deploy. Sure you'd have to always hit your gunner or whatever your first troop is, and it would take a bit to adjust to, but its better than accidentally deploying the wrong thing, since you still have to adjust to tapping the pirate you initially wanted anyways, it just eliminates accidental error.

Secondly, to address the issue of entering battle with unfilled taverns, please display our list of available pirates before beginning the battle but while still casing the island. It can be greyed out and inactive at the bottom, but seeing the number of each troop you have already on display will make it a lot easier to quickly identify "oops, I forgot to gem my last group of gunners" or "oops, those 16 brutes were supposed to be my exploration ship crew!" before actually engaging the battle and being forced to forfeit.

Both of these should be quick, minor code changes, but they will greatly improve two very frustrating situations in a very simple manner.

cmooneey, 850arrr, Ian and 4 others like this.
  2. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

+1 to both... perfect solutions, no drawbacks - and hopefully not too difficult to implement :)

3. Bear

Bear Commodore

Love the ideas

4. Ian

Ian Commodore

+1 to both...

5. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

+1 to both...