Troop Recruitment

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by Captain Everlasting, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Captain Everlasting

Captain Everlasting Powder Monkey

It would be a HUGE help if we had the ability to generate our troops for exploration separately from the Tavern. It gets confusing when you are recruiting troops in the Tavern and then set sail on a voyage in the exploration map only to go back to find the troops you were building have gone sailing. Same thing when the exploration is completed and troops are returned to the Tavern. Does anyone know what happens to the troops returning from exploring if your tavern is full?

2. Bear

Bear Commodore

If your tavern is full the returning troops just poof.

3. Bear

Bear Commodore

It would be cool to have an explore que and a plunder que

4. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Its best not to return them to the Tavern until there is room for them

5. Bear

Bear Commodore

Oh. Lol. I never realized that clicking the pirate icon returned them to the tavern. Ha. I feel dumb now.

6. Captain Everlasting

Captain Everlasting Powder Monkey

I usually try to just send one pirate when I'm exploring so my tavern troop config doesn't get too out of whack.

7. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

A queuing system has been discussed as a possible improvement @Captain Everlasting that would likely resolve this issue for everyone

8. Sunblade

Sunblade Powder Monkey

I also would like to have a possibility to un-recruit troops. E.g I return from Exploration with 5 buccs left. I haven't recruited any troops while exploring so now I have 5 seats taken. In case I would like to have a Brute/gunner crew for my next raid I would have to get rid of the buccs first. Of course I can just send them off to the next cruise but still it would be nice to have an un-recruit option, maybe at the cost of some grog.

9. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

We could call it a "relieve from duty" feature :) I'm all for this, as long as we get 1/2 the grog back

10. Bear

Bear Commodore

I'm for it too.