Typo in bomber skill tree

Discussion in 'Build Bugs' started by Kelani, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

In the Bomber's Skill tree next to Hire Time where it shows the increase a skill will give, all the skills have a minus sign next to the + i.e. +-1 None of the other character skill trees have this.

2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Nice catch @Kelani - here's hoping they have time before the update rolls out :)

3. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Yeah, and I'm sure they'll get right on that, since they have nothing better to do :)

I hate to report nitpicky stuff like that, but my curse in life is noticing trivial details.

4. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

I'm also disappointed when this sort of things slips through. Hopefully we can get it fixed before the next update goes out the door

5. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Yeah, but at least it's innocuous. Imagine the questions you'd be getting if it said Hire Cost -800 Grog :)

6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

@Chris [Midoki] I don't know how you did it, but it's fixed for me now. Unless it was a server-side fix, that's a pretty neat trick! :)

7. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

Wow, that would be fast!

8. Fixed to what? From what I've seen, level 2 bombers build quicker, but after that it's an additional 2 seconds for at least the next several levels

9. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

The typo in the skill tree. The skills don't go down in power as you level him up

10. True, but I would say a shorter hire time isn't a reduction in power :D

11. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

You're absolutely right. I needed to finish my morning grog. The problem listed is that it says +-1 for hire time, not one or the other.

12. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

13. Ah, so the correct solution would just say -1? That's the only place I've seen the minus. I was really hopeful that each level of bomber would reduce hire time, but it looks like just the first :(

14. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

15. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

For anyone who's now confused, the point of all that was as follows:

The game said Hire Time +-(seconds) only on the bomber skill tree. I reported it, and literally a few hours later, it changed to Hire Time +(seconds). Which based on all the other skill trees, is correct. I was just giving Chris credit for setting a new world speed record for fastest bug fix. :)

16. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

The picture I posted was from today - so maybe it is a server thing since it still shows on mine

17. Or as I was trying to point out, if Kelani had upgraded bombers once, then after that it shows up as +2 seconds for the next several levels :)

18. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Also a nice catch, Fakebeard. I didn't realize I'd upgraded bombers during that time. :)