Underhanded

Discussion in 'Recruitment' started by Captinezz Twerk, May 22, 2017.

1. Captinezz Twerk

Captinezz Twerk Powder Monkey

There is a character called Sir Dan who is join guilds posting an advert to join his guild then leaving

We have a forum for recruiting no good to hop from guild to guild to promote other guilds what can we do to stop this

2. Omar Ceceña

Omar Ceceña First Mate

I have seen that allot. The best thing I can say is set your guild to "Request" in order for that person to join a person on the guild would have to "Accept" them. Just my two cents! Hope that helps!! :)

3. Captinezz Twerk

Captinezz Twerk Powder Monkey

Thanks however even by accepting them doesn't stop them promoting and leaving shame we can't have something built in which stops people really joining a guild they have left within say 3 months not sure what the art of the possible would be for the developers

4. Omar Ceceña

Omar Ceceña First Mate

If it's a case of "harassment" mayhaps getting a hold of one of the Admins might just help. But on another note, maybe not "Accepting" that person might help out. Letting the rest of the crew know his/her nickname, and putting them on alert that they are too be "Rejected" would be a good idea.

5. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

Everyone sees stuff differently. If this Sir Dan is trying to split your group up, that sucks.
    I find this recruiting forum doesn't really help recruiting much at all, as most players aren't on it. And that creates a dilemma. How do you actively recruit.
    I visit guilds trying to recruit. However, I don't try to steal only those with good stats. I try to speak to the Captain and offer positions for the entire group, not just one or two. I purposely only visit guilds small enough to fit their entire group into ours.
    Omar is right, setting the guild to join by request will discourage recruiting visits, but it also makes it harder to get new joiners as people don't wait to be accepted.
    Try putting a message in the guild description "recruiters not welcome" maybe.