Unhappy pirates.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ren skeldon, Jan 6, 2019.

1. ren skeldon

ren skeldon Powder Monkey

Pirates, it has come time to put plunder pirates on notice. After the thunderstruck event is over a boycott should be in place for 1 week. No playing no purchers. I am not the only pirate upset with the payouts and matches.
    An easy fix would be to go back to the 5 guild rumble. Or make it a 3 guild rumble. So it took a little time to start the rumble. I would rather wait for a good rumble and payouts then what we have now. And for heaven sake, give some much better payouts.
    Thank you for listening, appreciate your ear.
    From Rumble Royalty. Duck flying over the 7 seas and 5 lakes. Quack quack

2. SkimPappa

SkimPappa Powder Monkey

I agree, current 1v1 sucks. Pulls the fun out of the game. Matching definitely sucks. 3k ranked guilds vs 8k ranked guilds.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    ren skeldon likes this.
  3. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

3 vs 3 would be better + the rumble average as matchmaking factor

Because the ph level says absolutly nothing about the players rumble behaviour/ gameplay. I have seen ph12s rumble ave with 1200 and others are high in the skies with their rumble average. The same for lower ph levels. Some ph8/9/10 have very good rumble averages and some not.

That’s why it should be the most important factor for a fairer and better matchmaking. :) And not only counting how many same ph levels are in the guilds to match them.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    Taipanfan likes this.
  4. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

The number of players isnt always a determining factor if a guild can win or lose. There are still 20-30 member guilds out there that can smash a lazy 50 member guild all day. There’s also single players that can beat a full guild if they wanted :confused:. Average should be added to the matchmaking imo. Sure, in theory, a full guild of the highest ph level has the potential to win every time, but in reality it’s not the case. Ph level or guild size really doesnt say much in regards to a good rumble match as @WOLLIMAUS pointed out!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    Cap'n Flyht and Taipanfan like this.
  5. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

Please, no more 5 guild rumbles. For a non (or at least low) gem use guild, the 1v1 at least gives us more of a chance at winning a few rumbles. 5 guild rumbles sucked big time. However, I think 3 would be a much better number.
    I agree that way more important is the matchmaking. Matching on average will work. And don’t broaden the matching rules too quickly. If we have to wait for a match so be it. Try to max the wait time to a maximum of 3 hours or so, but wait and get a more even, more competitive, more fun rumble.

Cap'n Flyht and Intimidator like this.
  6. WOLLIMAUS

WOLLIMAUS Captain

Oh yes... 2 d ago we had a big mismatch for FMC event guild, many higher ph level guild against a guild with many lower ph’s level guild and the reward was 15gems and 750k both. :confused:
    The next rumble is much better, 40gems and 6M both.

And now the same mismatch for the guild where i am with main. After a 6M rumble we matched with ....
    and 15gems and 750k. A 8745 guild against a 2244 guild.

The +/- 25 matchmaking rule is totally outdated. Please make the matchmaking really more equal and fairer for all of the guilds and based on guilds/players rumble averages and NOT only the +/-25 rule. o_O

7. Broadside

Broadside Crew

I don't agree with including rumble average in the matchmaker. That penalises players who are active with unfairly tougher rumbles. AA simple system could match the sum of guildhalls. Although 50 ph6 are still no match for 20 pH 12s... But something along those lines. There's no point matching 30 pH 12s with 30 ph8 and lower as seems to happen occasionally now.

Becker Redbeard and MorganFlint like this.
  8. Taipanfan

Taipanfan First Mate

As has been pointed out before, the way people play is so different that MATCHING ON AVERAGE IS THE ONLY FAIR WAY of matching. In an extreme example, If a guild of 1 with an average of 50k matches against a guild of 50 with average of 50k it should be a good battle.
    Simply because a person is PH12 or 13 doesn’t mean he/she’s going to beat a PH8 because people play differently but if they score the same it should be a competitive battle!
    Broadside, in your example of 30 PH12 against 30 PH8, you are assuming both guilds play the same. In the real world it’s who wants to spend the most gems and who battles more often. It’s all about SCORE, regardless of how it is achieved.
    If we want better rumbles (meaning competitive and more fun) we need matchingon average score.

9. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Our current matchup is against a 35k rumble average guild, while our average is 365k. Not even close to being a good match. Size of the guild is the only factor why we matched apparently. Ph average is lopsided as well. One person could have won this rumble for us lol.

Cap'n Flyht likes this.
  10. We are currently battling the number one guild. Their average score is 653k, our maximum EVER score is 240k!!
    One person (oh okay maybe 2) from their guild could win it for them!
    It makes it harder for us during events as no one wants to be totalled EVERY time they go offline for a real life break.
    Please base the match ups on something fairer!

lady blackbeard likes this.
  11. ren skeldon

ren skeldon Powder Monkey

Rumble Roalty is very unhappy w/ the pay outs for rumbles. 15 gems, 700,000 G/G is a joke. In one battle you can pick up 700,000 plus. You need to FIX your problems that you created. It should not take this long to FIX all the problems that you have pushed on us. Having to deal w/ all this issues is really tiring. You had time to push out PH 13 though. Rumble Royalty is very upset.

12. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Maybe if they make rewards sweeter, like 5-10 million loot, so you can upgrade troops after, might encourage more competition. Because you are right, most rumble winnings you can loot in a few battles. But ultimately it comes down to better matches even in that case.

Unique Rebel likes this.
  13. Oak Island

Oak Island Captain

I completely agree. Some of the rewards are totally lacking. I had an idea the other day that I think could solve the rewards issue. This would likely be a bit harder for midoki to incorporate but by no means is it impossible. Make both the match making AND rewards based on average scores, and by that I mean this:

Take my guild for example, we can score 1 million points in a rumble on any given day with enough time and effort. Clearly, not every guild can do this, however, it does cost way more gems to get that high. To base the rewards on points scored for my guild could go like this, for every 100k points scored, you move up a tier in rewards perhaps looking something like this:

100k points = 1 mil grog n gold and 500 BP
    200k points = 2 mil grog n gold and 1000 BP
    300k gold = 3 mil grog n gold and 1500 BP
    And so on and so forth...

Do this all the way up to 1 million points with a payout of 10mil grog n gold. That way, you get rewards based on efforts. This would also work the same way for the team getting second place. If both guilds score 700k, well they both get a ton of gold n grog but only the winner gets the gems. Gems would also move up on a tier by tier basis perhaps ending with 500 or so for 1 million points scored.

Now I used my guild as an example cuz it is fairly easy to draw out, but, the Only fair way to do this is to base it on avg/high scores because every guild should have the opportunity to score 10mil, but it would require the same amount of effort that the big guilds put in. Perhaps smaller guilds move up every 50k in points or even 25k. The point is, it shouldn’t be easy to get the highest tier of rewards, but it shouldn’t be impossible. And of course, only the winner gets the gem rewards. I think this would not only get more guilds rumbling, but also playing a lot more for the chance of getting big pay outs.

Finally, as guilds continued to score max points, the averages would go up and the top tier would get harder to reach. THIS would make rumbles so much more fun. Two guilds evenly matched climbing rewards tiers and battling for a large gem reward at the finish. Second place also gets a ton of gold n grog for amazing efforts. Put in zero effort, and don’t get much for rewards.

Cheers and happy sailing!

-Oak

14. Jake the Snake

Jake the Snake Powder Monkey

I agree with taipanfan and others, rumble average is the only way for a fair match, ph levels, numbers of players, should not affect matchup whatsoever