Unusable Witch Doctor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hawkbeard, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Hawkbeard

Hawkbeard First Mate

Seriously what is wrong with the witch doctor these days, the amount of battles I have done lately deploying one to protect a group of troops , mix of gunners, juggs and bombers. Only for it to wonder off on its own to protect a single lone gunner half the map away, thus causing the rest of troops to die a painful death.

I have tried a mixture of time wise sending him in, all with the same result. He is unusable at the moment. A chocolate fire guard would be better use these days :mad:

Scar Face likes this.
  2. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

There is a simple answer to this. Use two. Midoki has said for almost a year now that the only reliable witchdoctor is two witchdoctors. I carry two but usually refuse to drop the second. I usually drop a few gunners at beginning of attack to clear some path hoping they actually get killed before my WD wanders to them. Then I save a couple gunners to clear whatever didn't get cleared at end of fight when wd isn't needed anymore.

Scar Face and 850arrr like this.
  3. Wilkopuppy

Wilkopuppy Crew

What I don't get is how my Juggs can't detect a hole in the wall right next to them but if you drop a single gunner on the other side of the map the WD will make a suicidal run towards it abandoning the troops that need protection.

Seawitch, Becker Redbeard and Ebow like this.
  4. Hawkbeard

Hawkbeard First Mate

I know, surely the logic should be protect the group. I mean they tend to have the higher health total not some lone gunner. It needs to be fixed as the wd never used to do this.

Scar Face and Ebow like this.
  5. Wilkopuppy

Wilkopuppy Crew

I use two and they both wander around like drunken idiots. For as much as they cost and how long it takes them to train they shouldn't just abandon a group to make a suicide run to a lone gunner. I still don't get how some pirates can't detect a hole in a wall right next to them but the WD can detect a lone gunner in the other side of the map and make a beeline for it.

MorganFlint likes this.
  6. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

@Lynsey [Midoki] please comment?
    I'm having perfectly no problem with MY WDs (I use 2), they follow troops as needed. However one tends to die before the end since my LP is annabelle, who can't heal him...

850arrr likes this.
  7. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

My WD works about 90% of the time hence why I only bring one on my ship. For the 10% of the time that he doesn't work, work meaning he just wanders off for some odd reason, my crew is left for dead and I loose the battle. I probably should bring two but he's just too damn expensive being maxed.

Mobotts likes this.
  8. Wilkopuppy

Wilkopuppy Crew

So are there any plans to address any of the stupid AI in the game? I'm sick of my troops ignoring holes in walls right next to them to wander around the rest of the wall perimeter. My new favorite is my gunners ignoring a target in front of them to run back 10 tiles to a hole in the wall, run around it so they can shoot at a target they could have hit if they just moved forward. I would like some explanation of why my troops can't detect a hole in a wall right next to them, but somehow my WD can detect a lone troop on the other side of the map and make a suicidal beeline for it abandoning the main body of troops. If I didn't spend money playing this game I wouldn't really care, but I'm tired of spending gems and getting 2* victories because my troops act drunk or are on crack.

Mobotts, 850arrr and Deadwood like this.
  9. Sea Patriot

Sea Patriot Captain

Pleasssssssse fix the WD AI. He goes to protect a lone gunner that isn't being attacked, if that's gonna be the case you can add Annabelle to the Voodoo Hut.... Wink, wink

Scar Face and Mobotts like this.
  10. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

My WD is usually not too bad, yes he does go off for a lone gunner but not all that often, yet why he does it on those weird occasions I'm not sure.

I would love some updated AI that makes sense though. Not like the complete stupid move (in the past) to update the AI of the WD to literally piggyback juggs to certain death, that was soooooo bad. Some good AI that makes it all work would be awesome, which I'm guessing is hard to do though and would require the hardware limit to be increased.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
    Mobotts and Sea Patriot like this.
  11. Madhouse

Madhouse Crew

Geek alert!! o_O... no seriously, my WD seems ok, but my heavy gunners.... they've been acting really dumb at times lately

850arrr likes this.
  12. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

My favorite is when they start shooting a wall when there's an open space right next to it :mad::mad::mad:

Seawitch, Scar Face and Mobotts like this.
  13. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

Much of the ai in this game(not specifically the wd, as the wd has always been a problem) has been tweaked and many of the problems from the past have re-emerged with the last update regarding the boat update. Midoki made all our troops stronger to combat the difficulties of the wedge base design. Now that base designs are easier to beat due to the problems around the boat being fixed midoki has weakened the troops and the troops walk around wall openings again... I suppose this will be fixed in next update only after you upgrade your troops to max level again...

850arrr, Mobotts and Sea Patriot like this.
  14. Hawkbeard

Hawkbeard First Mate

Reading the posts the wd issue still seems to exist, really hope they fix it in the next update.

850arrr likes this.
  15. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

From what Midoki has said in the past they really can't fix the WD issue without removing support for older devices since those devices can't handle the increased processing needed for better AI. So until that support drops off or gets raised, I expect the same issues to remain for awhile.

16. Hawkbeard

Hawkbeard First Mate

Shame they can't so a lowered down version of the game for older devices, but I know that won't be a feasible thing with midoki. Do we know what the percentage use is for devices? @Skye , lol?

17. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Not a clue what the percentage is but I'm sure Midoki knows by looking at the game stats.

18. rhorun

rhorun Crew

I gave up playing on my iPad 2 I just use my phone now I got fed up with the game being unplayable on the iPad 2 I wonder how many others have done the same

19. SuperCow

SuperCow Powder Monkey

On my iPad 2 it was also unplayable, switched to an iPad Pro

20. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

That's a big leap, the pro is legit.