Updated app asking me to update it

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by Keshav, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Keshav

Keshav Powder Monkey

The new update that just came, with the rehire and friend referrals, i got the update a couple of days back, and immediately updated it.
    From then till today afternoon the app has been working fine.
    Suddenly though, when i try to open the app, on the loading page, i get the pop up telling me to update the app.
    I press "Ok" and it takes me to the app page in the play store, which obviously won't have an update button, because I've already updated it.

What do i do?

2. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

There's been an Android update today that has a couple of fixes in it. If you press OK and go to the Play Store, then the update should be there - if it's not, try the following:

1) Go to the Play Store directly (ie not through Plunder Pirates) and manually search for Plunder Pirates. This should bring up the update. If that doesn't work...
    2) Uninstall Plunder Pirates, and reinstall from the Play Store.

3. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

From a member in our guild:

Version 1.9.1 on both devices.

4. Cocobean

Cocobean First Mate

I also had problems yesterday. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Still problems. Today the update was showing in the play store. Updated, opened the game and my island was back to the tutorial. Now I have to go through the entire set up process again which is a complete pain. Not happy.