Upgrade every skill for gunner & brutes?

Discussion in 'Battle Strategies' started by Syun, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Syun

Syun Crew

I did not learn defense +5 for gunners & damage on gun towers for brutes. I cam seem to move up the skill tree. But is there a reason to learn those skill? I mean does the +5 for gunners help or they should focus on atks?

2. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

A little more health is not a bad thing, but follow the tree the way that best fits you style of gameplay. I tend to just get everything, but I use skills as a way to dump off Grog when I leave the game (less attacks on me then).

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  3. Kizmatti

Kizmatti First Mate

Imo gunners & brutes are your bread & butter troops when raiding. I keep mine maxed or always actively upgrade those first when grog becomes available.

4. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Yup. I maxed them for Acd 5, and I'll do the same for 6. 2 best troops for both farming and pushing IMO.

5. Bear

Bear Commodore

I max every troop.

6. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Theres some upgrades that shouldn't ever be done. 2 toughness upgrades on WD for one.

7. Bear

Bear Commodore

But I HAVE to. #completionistproblems

8. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

OK...max WD=100K. Don't say I didn't warn ya. :p

Kelani and Bear like this.
  9. Bear

Bear Commodore

Lol. I didn't say I'd use him. Bit he will be maxed.

10. Barbozia

Barbozia Powder Monkey

Take into consideration that the upgrades increase the recruiting cost and time. A new player should be mindful on with skills selects.

# Johnny Doe # likes this.
  11. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

12. Midleton

Midleton Crew

Bear, i get you. The others are right, of course, but i get you. Fighting that very urge myself.

13. Kizmatti

Kizmatti First Mate

Im upgrading WD on his lvl 3 upgrades now, looks to me that he will be 70k grog maxed out all skills. Unless the last 3 upgrades increase his cost by 20k each rather than 10k like it has been. 15 minute bake time too. Ouch.

14. Kizmatti

Kizmatti First Mate

Unless the skill tree forks you really don't have much of a choice. Every academy tier there seems to be a must have skill in the middle or end of that upgrade section of the skill tree.

Gimped units won't be effective in raids. My mortars are always maxed. I love retaliating on players that get sub 100k from me, so I can return the favor and wipe them out.

I usually have a few bases that require my visit every morning. It's like a pirates way of having a cup of coffee and saying good morning!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  15. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Last 2 are 25k each. Makes skipping the 2 toughness upgraded crucial imo. Costs you 50k grog and over 7 mins each to gain 8 toughness. Huge mistake.

16. Kizmatti

Kizmatti First Mate

Was hoping that wasn't the case.

WD is a good unit thou once you figure out how to use him. Can turn a loss into a win very easily. No 1 unit in the game can do that.