Wacky tavern

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by Captain MetaTauta, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Captain MetaTauta

Captain MetaTauta First Mate

so I Q up 50 of the little stabby guys. I click the little pirate had on my pirate ship to recover those pirates from the last exploration. I send those pirates out on a new exploration. I look at my tavern and it says five minutes build time.so I go and look and how many I've got in the queue and there's only two there.I lost my grog and I lost my man what's going on.

2. Cap'n Lachi

Cap'n Lachi Powder Monkey

I'm not sure, but don't you lose your crew now, regardless if you attack anything on the sea?

3. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

If you had finished queuing up the 50 pirates before clicking on the return button then you lost all the pirates that came from exploration. It sounds like you waited until there was about 5 minutes left of pirates to train and then you clicked on the return button, which would have returned them to the tavern. And then when you sent the ship out it took the pirates from the tavern (where they return to). The problem is that they return to the tavern not the ship. Just be advised for next time.

4. Cap'n Lachi

Cap'n Lachi Powder Monkey

Ah... Now I know.

5. Captain MetaTauta

Hey gangrene beard..

I had literally just queued up my pirates. Left the tavern hit the button on the pirate ship to retrieve those pirates to send them back out on a new exploration. When I came back to the home screen from the exploration screen it shows that I have five minutes left on my pirate Q and when I looked all the Pirates I queued up were gone. There was absolutely no hesitation between the time that I cute them up initially and the time that I retrieve the ones from the pirate ship and sent them back out again.

The bottom line is that there some little nuances that need to be taken care of in regard to the queuing of the Pirates for some reason they seem to be tied to a whole lot of other things that are causing problems. I am merely relaying the symptoms of my problem in the hopes that the developers will find the cause.

6. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

If your qued up pirates filled all your tavern slots, and then you returned those from your ship, tavern is overfull, and the qued are deleted to make room. When you sent them out again, all that were in the tavern set sail and you were left with what there was room for.
    Don't return pirates to a full tavern or full que. This is normal. Set your sailing crew first, or only que up the number of pirates your ship is short before returning them to the tavern.

Bear and Gangrene Beard like this.
  7. Christy

Christy Commodore

Took me so long to realize troops came back from sea!! Never had room. Lost so many because I had no clue until my kid told me the other day :oops:

Salty Snack likes this.
  8. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I love it. Little stabby guys is now gonna be the required name for bucs in my guild.

One trick that helps with this ship/tavern overlapping crew business: Either use identical crews in your ship and raiding parties, or keep the numbers similar for any troops types that are common to both. When your ship returns, and your tavern is full. Go raid, then empty your ship. You'll have a head start, whether you want to refill your ship, or hire a crew for another raid.

9. Captain MetaTauta

Here's the thing though....I should be able to intuitively queue up an army. Then I should be able to queue up ordeal with a ship army completely separate without any overlap. It's a great game but there are just a few little nuances that need to be ironed out to make it more user-friendly. Hey Kelani they are little stabby guys you know

10. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I completely agree. The devs are definitely aware this is a problem, so I expect it will be fixed one way or another in a future update.

Yes, they are definitely little stabby guys. :D I have no idea why, but that name just cracks me up.

11. Christy

Christy Commodore

I was sending out buccs in my ship. Not now that I know. I was getting stuck using them.

12. Captain MetaTauta

They are great at sea for some battles! Besides, they are the little stabby guys

13. Captain MetaTauta

14. Captain MetaTauta

Kelani... I think the dev should change the name to little stabby guys..... Much more pirates sounding

15. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Sounds like a pirate nickname for a crazy group of pirate kids

16. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Lil' Stabby Guys Daggers 'n' Daycare

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  17. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Well, in that context, I think it'd have to be L'il Stabbies Daycare.

On second thought, that sounds like a daycare for future serial killers, gangbangers or perverts.

Gangrene Beard, Salty Snack and Bear like this.
  18. Captain MetaTauta

Lololololol

19. Bear

Bear Commodore

Oh @Kelani you so need to join Atarigeneration!

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  20. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

We can only hope our wee pirates grow to be serial killers one day.