Wall-breaking AI

Discussion in 'Battle Improvements' started by Jun, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Jun

Jun First Mate

As a general AI change, can you have the unit recalculate what its best target is periodically when hitting walls? Ie. At the outset of a fight, when you are breaking into main walls, jugg sees target X on the other side of a wall so it attacks the wall. Target X is destroyed by other units, and jugg does a recalculation. If there are more targets on the other side, it continues its wall breaking. However, if there are no more targets on the other side, then it breaks off its attack on the wall to find other targets. (This comes up more when you've half destroyed a base and there are targets getting picked off on the outside of a base while you are on the inside).

Additionally, perhaps this is AI tweak would be better for all units except bombers because bombers can actually take down a wall in reasonable time.

alebvk, Luqman, Ian and 1 other person like this.
  2. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Great idea. Love it.

3. Ian

Ian Commodore

Yes, must admit I've lost a couple of battles because my gunners got in first and that sent my Juggs on a walk (on mass) around the perimeter of the base, picking off smaller targets... I steady of heading into the base as planned. Such is the game...

4. Bear

Bear Commodore

This is a much needed ai tweek

5. Luqman

Luqman Crew

Cool idea,this AI tweak can make me 100% a base more easy ;)

6. Ian

Ian Commodore

How will my Juggs get their exercise?