Warning Notifications

Discussion in 'Guild Improvements' started by Alnear, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Alnear

Alnear Powder Monkey

Hi there,

This may be a stupid idea but some of my crew members in my guild haven't logged in for many weeks now and a few of them are really good players but I really like to keep my guild fresh with active players and always having an available slot for new comers. I was thinking that it would be nice to have warning notification for all those players that haven't logged in a long time before kicking them out without an explanation. It would be interesting to hear what you guys have to say about it.

2. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

You say they haven't logged in many weeks now?
    Sounds to me like they quit playing
    Kick em

3. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

I would like to be able to message them why they were kicked and telling them to join our farming guild if they become active again.

Alnear likes this.
  4. Alnear

Alnear Powder Monkey

hahaha I was expecting a comment like this but as I said some of them are really good players and ranked above 300, it would be sad to kicked them out without a warning.

Black-ish Beard likes this.
  5. Christy

Christy Commodore

Odds are they are not coming back and would never even get the message. They could always rejoin if they decided to play again.

Alnear and Black-ish Beard like this.
  6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

@Alnear what the others said is pretty much true. People just get bored and leave, and don't usually come back. I'd recommend doing what many guilds do and setting a firm inactivity limit, and make sure everyone in your guild knows it. In my guild, I tell them if they can't log in for more than 5 days in a row, they're gone - unless they let me know beforehand that they'll be away. Do that, and I give people as long as they need. This is just something where you have to be firm about it. Otherwise, you wind up with a guild full of inactives. :(

With that said, I agree, it'd be a nice feature, and I'd love to be able to provide a kick reason for people, so I think this feature should be added to the Master List.

7. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

We have 50 members. Currently the longest anyone has not logged in is 21 hours. (obviously not a lame attempt at recruiting. Like I said, we are full up)

8. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

When the last active was added, I was amazed just how more often people were playing than I'd been guesstimating. In our spreadsheet, I'd have people who I thought were idle for 2-3 days, nope, just 30 mins. Now, I see all of our 50 people are on every few hours, except when sleep/work prevents it.

9. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

Spreadsheets are great. I'm just glad it's not my job. The new feature is great for that important aspect :cool:

Kelani likes this.
  10. Alnear

Alnear Powder Monkey

I guess you guys are right... They can always come back if there is a free spot. I just thought it would be nice to send them a warning notification before kicking them out. But then again if they don't log after many days or even weeks it's probably not worth to have them in the guild in the first place.

Christy likes this.
  11. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

5 million...there will be more.

Many more

Alnear likes this.
  12. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

I was really hoping this was a thread suggesting there be a warning notice that my impending attack is suicidal.

Kelani likes this.
  13. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Already got one! When you look at a base and think any of these things, it's a good bet your attack will be a suicide mission.

(3 sec left on clock) "Where the hell are his damn mortars?/Pounder/Bunkers??"
    Holy [s:eek:it] !
    Ehh.. those triple L9 walls are just 750hp more. My guys can handle them.
    Oh hell yes, this one will be a cakewalk. I think I'll send half my army!
    Huh, I've never seen a base designed like that before. Looks easy enough..

Black-ish Beard and Salty Snack like this.
  14. Christy

Christy Commodore

They should have sent a message to you if they were leaving the game and let you know if they would be back. It's not fair for them to expect to be kept as a guild member for disappearing without warning. I know life gets busy and things happen but if it's been weeks. Chances are they may even have the app uninstalled :(

15. Floki

Floki Captain

The fall off rate would be high many come realise without buying gems they will go nowhere well fast anyway.
    Those that buy many gems become invested so maybe they will last longer...
    But for me it needs more depth and more differing things to do..At the mo this forum is the funnest part of the game but I know there is more coming we just need it and quick.

Christy likes this.