Ways to improve the scoring loophole

Discussion in 'General Improvements' started by TBird, Jan 4, 2015.

1. TBird

TBird Captain

(Moved from wrong forum)

OK we all know that monkey business (sorry Capt Monkey) is going on with the top of the leaderboard abusing the scoring system.

And all the top teams are losing top players that are frustrated because they see players at 500-600 one day, then at 1200-1300 in 24-48 hours while they struggle in the 600-700's. We lost 3 of our top players in the past 10 days because of this.
    They got frustrated (well me too) that at higher levels you only get 2-6 points when you win, but lose 18-22 points if you lose an attack.

It doesn't make a lot of sense that a base, let's say in the 700's if he attacks and wins against another strong base only gets 2-3 points... But if he loses it sets him back 4-5-6 battles. You worked hard to beat that hard base, you should make more points for winning instead of sitting and getting points from base defends while you sleep.

I come from the game Friendly Fire, over there the top bases got more points for high attack wins, and only lost 2-3 points if you lost a high level attack. You beat a base at 750, you get 20-25 points, you lose, you only lose 2-3 points. It made it more likely that the top players would attack each other. And there were no "farm bases" losing to big brother bases because there was only 2-3 points that could be gained vs. The way it is in PP, where its 18-24 points each time at the higher levels being transferred from farms to big brothers.

And in FF if someone was dropping and retreated after just one unit deployed, there were no points to the defender... There were only points for a match with at least 10 units deployed. The attacker still lost a few points, but the defender got nothing in a point drop retreat. Also in FF you had to at least send in one unit when you were dropping, so it cost you at least some troops to drop. Right now in PP I can drop from 750 to 150 in about an hour, and it doesn't cost me any troops.

We all know this system is broken and needs to be fixed...
    Perhaps once the scoring system is fixed we have a hard reset of points.
    Pick a date.. Say Feb 1, new scoring system goes in, everyone is reset to 100-200.... All 5 million players.
    Let's see who the real top players are when you can only make points if you attack... Not lots of points from defends or farm bases giving you points.

OK, off my soap box...

Ok, fun photos of the biggest abusers below.... Wish I could pick them for attacks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Captain Monkey likes this.
  2. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Thanks @Tim Thomas I'll see what everyone has to say here, and get this bad boy added to the list. :) One thing from the old thread:

I think if you're kicked from a guild, or quit, there's a 24-hour waiting period before you can rejoin, or send a request. Can anyone confirm that?

If this does exist, and is 24h, perhaps the delay could be increased to 48h-72h, or even longer?

Floki likes this.
  3. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

Reposted from Top 200 thread:
    Just needs a balancing of PR.
    50% of scores based on attacking - current point per attack factor in, but also percentage of wins vs losses (say in last month to allow for farming when it's needed), total gold/grog plundered.
    50% of score on defense - percent of succesful defense in last month, NO POINTS for "succesful" defense with no pirates sent, etc.
    Some formula similar to above would be fair. Fine, allow for a shield to preserve your rank for a week, but no fake defensive wins.
    The fix seems simple to me...

Kelani likes this.
  4. SaK

SaK First Mate

Why they are abusers can u explain?

5. Christy

Christy Commodore

6. They utilize a loophole in the scoring system.
    As you may know you are unable to attack fellow guild-members. But what happens is that players leave their guild to attack and intentionally loose battle's with former guild-mates.
    That way they will get a higher ranking. After doing that several times with several guild-members they join a farming guild that is allied to their guild. And they back up.
    Then some other guy from the first guild does the same and so boosting the first person back up to and impossible high rank. Something like PR 1400 or 1304.

This is as far as my knowledge goes about this strategy if i'm mistaken please help me fill in the blanks. I'm fairly new to this loophole.

SaK likes this.
  7. SaK

SaK First Mate

wow...it means its impossible to catch them!!!

8. TBird

TBird Captain

Sak
    your sig banner has grown really big in the past few days.
    You know what they say "Big banner, small...."
    Anyway to resize the banner smaller? :)

Christy likes this.
  9. SaK

SaK First Mate

how can it grow bigger automatically:eek:...i know...dont know how to do it!
    click on the banner it will resize

10. SaK and Kelani like this.
  11. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Exactly. Means trying to play for rank is meaningless. Best you can hope for is to butt up against them.

SaK likes this.
  12. Smelly_Vile

Smelly_Vile First Mate

Oooh I see. But what are the odds of encountering an ex-guild mate as one flips through islands for raiding? The game picks opponents/islands at random, and given how many PP players there are in total it should be a rare encounter if you stumble upon an ex-guild mate. Even if your guild consists of hundreds of members by virtue of guild alliance or 'branch guilds'.

13. # Johnny Doe #

# Johnny Doe # First Mate

Quite high odds when you're at high level. The game first looks for a match + or - 50 rank. When your rank is plus 1,000 there's not that many to choose from

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  14. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I came across a particular guild hopper I have a grudge against. Was so surprised I hit next :( Never seen him again, which is heartbreaking, because I really wanted to trn his island into a blackened parking lot for wasting so much of our time.

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  15. Smelly_Vile

Smelly_Vile First Mate

Ooooooh I seeee. Thanks for enlightening me. There's always something new to learn from this Forum each day :D

Awwww. I am sure you will see him again one day unless he stop those hopping :)

P.S. With players being able to change their display names these days, wouldn't it be more difficult to recognise a player you stumbled upon in the past?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
    Kelani likes this.
  16. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Well, last I heard, he was kicked from Piates for being inactive. So he's probably gone. Yeah, the name changing thing would make it more difficult. I guess I'll just have to keep raiding everyone I can, and hope one of those splatters his little base :D

# Johnny Doe # and Smelly_Vile like this.
  17. Smelly_Vile

Smelly_Vile First Mate

Haha, he will not know what/who hit him! XD

Kelani likes this.
  18. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Oh, he'll know :) My luck, I'd botch the attack and lose. That's the kind of thing that could require years of therapy to recover from.

19. SaK

SaK First Mate

Bear, The Fish Eyed Pirate and Kelani like this.
  20. Tex

Tex Commodore

Great. Now how about losing the Santa hat?
    Or do you leave your decorations up all season like Midoki and my neighbor?