Ways to increase resources

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChrisJTillman, Sep 20, 2014.

1. ChrisJTillman

ChrisJTillman Powder Monkey

Hey, I'm at the point where I feel like I'm not getting enough resources. I understand to upgrade my resources whenever I can but I can seem to get much. Besides plundering, and exploring the seas, how else can I gain resources?

2. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

You can always try fighting the single player pirate islands on the exploration map

3. ChrisJTillman

ChrisJTillman Powder Monkey

The ones I have yet to battle are really strong. Appreciate it though

4. Admin [Midoki]

Stay away from the strongholds, just tackle the the 4 stage forts, you should be OK then

5. To do that you need to upgrade your ship and to do that you need resources which are tough to win in the strongholds.These other islands you speak of you need to upgrade your ship to reach them because I can't see them on my map yet and I think I've gone to all the farthest points on my map so far that I can reach.Basicly if you can't upgrade your ship you can't find these other islands. The fact that the strongholds were put near your island is good but another simpler one would have been worth adding to help beginners gain a few more resources would have been a great help. I was just sailing over the same areas to gain AP while I still had my shield at the start. If it hadn't gone up in smoke I would have attacked the first island again just to have some raid practice and gain the small amount of resources from there.

6. Admin [Midoki]

There is another 4 stage fort you can find with the first boat if you head North East :) Look for the seagulls, they're a good hint

7. Ok I think I found it but was wary of it after getting destroyed at the 2 strongholds is it the island near the humdrum islands?

8. Admin [Midoki]

Yes, just above them. If it is a 4 stage fort you should be OK. If it a stronghold it's best avoided until you have upgraded your troops

9. Bad Boy

Bad Boy Powder Monkey

Use the cancel button in the plunder countdown to essentially scroll for high resource having easy targets.

It costs a lil gold to do, but when you find that maxed out noob island of someone who looks like they quit..... And you can 100% stomp them in 20 secs...*mwua* priceless.

10. diLuca

diLuca Powder Monkey

win multiplayer fights to raise in ranks. above 10k loot is found at 50+

just build a trap base or kill underdeveloped bases or bases with exposed town halls to go up quickly.

11. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

All I've been doing is priority upgrading resource collectors since that's essentially unlimited income. They give a decent amount the higher you go obviously, and they're always producing. Also when raiding, make sure to use the NEXT button to find a village with a decent amount of available loot. You want to make sure the "reward vs. cost" is in your favor. At these low levels I'm not concerned with rank, so I'll gladly raid a higher level village and take a hit to rank in order to gain about 9K both gold and grog. In these types of resource raids just make sure to focus your troops towards the storages and not the collectors (Unless the collectors are undefended in the open). Your army will be heavily outgunned so you won't last long and have to make your attack count.

12. Stingy Tower

Stingy Tower Powder Monkey

I can recall an attack or two with high loot available, I go for the storages and it turns out majority of the loot is in the collectors, which is uncommon anyways. I think a lot of the high level bases keep their storages in the middle of a fortress with the collectors outside. Low levels going for those collectors works just fine, drop some Brutes followed by Gunners and you can usually get several 10k of each resource for little effort.

It can take a couple tries to find these bases in the 100-150 PR range but their definitely there.