What Am I Missing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 38supercomp, May 15, 2019.

1. 38supercomp

38supercomp Powder Monkey

I have started a second profile. I would like to help the captain of that guild find recruits. We often fight small guilds of 1 - 5 people. I would love to ask them to merge with us. Checking ‘Members’ brings up limited member names. When I type in any name of a member from the small guilds, I get the message that that member does not exist. Do I have to leave my guild and join another one in order to talk to them?

I am late to this game. I started playing as a replacement for Tap Paradise Cove. The Pocket Gems forum had thousands of members, and I could tap any letter of the alphabet and search for people. I posted daily there. It was great fun. I had a recruiting thread for the guild I was in, a birthday thread to celebrate, and another thread just for fun. I made friends with people from other guilds, and from around the world.

What am I missing here? Are there really only a few forum members? I do not want those with the most posts, most likes, etc. What am I doing wrong?

2. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

This forum only contains a fraction of the players in the game - therefore if you wish to talk with players who haven’t joined here - yes you will need to join those other guilds within the game.

If you join another guild with the express intention of recruiting/suggesting a merge - the best plan is to be respectful & upfront so that they can indicate whether they are interested or not.

(Obviously it is strongly recommended NOT to attempt to recruit from active/leaderboard guilds - they WILL take offence at such behaviour!)

Good luck! :)

Unique Rebel likes this.
  3. 38supercomp

38supercomp Powder Monkey

Thanks! I would only approach small guilds, those we rumble against. And I would immediately disclose my intentions. I am a polite pirate.

4. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

The forum only has a tiny percentage of the overall player base. The community run Slack channels have a few more, but are still represent only a small number of the total players. Generally speaking, the ones on the forum, Slack etc tend to be in the larger, more established guilds - most of the guildless or players in smaller guilds generally bimble around quite happily without engaging in the larger community!

Unique Rebel likes this.